• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bid Large Fleet Job using 100 told of vinyl

Bret R

Any suggestions on bidding this job for a I have not bid a job this big yet and I am wondering if there’s anything I need to consider while doing up timing and labor etc. 500 5x12plotter cut and transfer rite decals 250 2x5 decals same and 750 smaller good 1x2 I have timed cutting on plotter weeding and transfer rite then labor I figured best I could just any thoughts would be great!

Jburns

Did you mean 100 "yards" of vinyl in your title? Are you applying them or just supplying?
I guess figure out a good hourly rate that you would not regret, plus machine wear, blades etc.

ikarasu

If installing add in a lot of time for cleaning - you can bet they'll show you their cleanest vehicle if you ask to see one for estimate purposes.

Reveal1

Any suggestions on bidding this job for a I have not bid a job this big yet and I am wondering if there’s anything I need to consider while doing up timing and labor etc. 500 5x12plotter cut and transfer rite decals 250 2x5 decals same and 750 smaller good 1x2 I have timed cutting on plotter weeding and transfer rite then labor I figured best I could just any thoughts would be great!

Assuming the job is legitimate (more on that later) it looks as if you have the bases covered if you factor jburns advice.

You didn't ask, but if you were my sealesrep and came to me with this, I would ask several questions:

Can it be done with clear substrate and printed? (If you cannot do that, then consider sub-contracting to someone like Stouse)

Does the application require the substrate color to show through? If not, it would be way more cost effective to provide a solid decal with just a contour cut shape and no weeding.

Is the deal even legitimate? Hopefully not one of those 'opportunities' we get from some scammer in Nigeria that needs 1000 of this or that and is ready to order now.

Finally, I hope you take this in the spirit intended, which is constructive criticism to help you get better and more responses on this forum. Could you slow down and write legible questions, use punctuation, and generally think through your question before writing a stream of consciousness? I had to read through your question several times to be sure I understood it and as pointed out, even the title had a spelling error. Hopefully you don't communicate with customers that way. Best of luck to you, and welcome to Signs 101.

rjssigns

Can't decipher the original post. Are we talking inches or feet? What is "100 told"? What is "smaller good"? Transfer Rite decals? So you're making decals out of transfer tape?

If you're asking for help please be clear on exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
As above... "...500 5x12plotter cut and transfer rite decals 250 2x5...", is that 5 x 12 feet, inches, centimetre, cubits, or what? If you don't learn to specify units of measurement, then expect to get badly burned every time.

'Decals' - please define: do you mean a rectangular vinyl substrate with you applying your plotted vinyl to it, and you supplying them the rectangles,
or do you mean you just supply weeded letters alone, with app tape?

The specifics and accurate detail is vital to any quote. Start allowing for assumptions and you'll be left high and dry.

Bret R

Sorry 100 rolls of vinyl I meant Avery sc9090 and we are not installing customer confirmed they will be professionally installed thanks so much guys for ur feedback I love this forum!!!

Bret R

Sorry 100 rolls of vinyl I meant Avery sc9090 and we are not installing customer confirmed they will be professionally installed thanks so much guys for ur feedback I love this forum!!!
So 500. 5’ x 12’ Avery 9000 series or 9090 cutting on graphtec and transfer paper for installation it’s a repeat customer that we have done a lot of fleet graphics for in past just not that big!! Next time I will be more specific on my post sorry for confusion My Boss already placed the bid at 300 per set that includes a back logo 2x5 ???? He makes the final say.

Bret R

Assuming the job is legitimate (more on that later) it looks as if you have the bases covered if you factor jburns advice.

You didn't ask, but if you were my sealesrep and came to me with this, I would ask several questions:

Can it be done with clear substrate and printed? (If you cannot do that, then consider sub-contracting to someone like Stouse)

Does the application require the substrate color to show through? If not, it would be way more cost effective to provide a solid decal with just a contour cut shape and no weeding.

Is the deal even legitimate? Hopefully not one of those 'opportunities' we get from some scammer in Nigeria that needs 1000 of this or that and is ready to order now.

Finally, I hope you take this in the spirit intended, which is constructive criticism to help you get better and more responses on this forum. Could you slow down and write legible questions, use punctuation, and generally think through your question before writing a stream of consciousness? I had to read through your question several times to be sure I understood it and as pointed out, even the title had a spelling error. Hopefully you don't communicate with customers that way. Best of luck to you, and welcome to Signs 101.
Thanks I know I get rushed all day long they expect way too much out of me I’m running 3 roland xr printers, Arizona Flatbed printer, a new Zund cutter I wasn’t properly trained on and a graphtec plotter with one full time helper that I have trained for 3 months! And I am on here trying to help the sales rep do there job bidding a huge commitment for our company! Anybody need a good sign guy!!!??????

Reveal1

Thanks I know I get rushed all day long they expect way too much out of me I’m running 3 roland xr printers, Arizona Flatbed printer, a new Zund cutter I wasn’t properly trained on and a graphtec plotter with one full time helper that I have trained for 3 months! And I am on here trying to help the sales rep do there job bidding a huge commitment for our company! Anybody need a good sign guy!!!??????
No problem, sounds like you have your hands full. Nice equipment to work with though!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
So 500. 5’ x 12’ Avery 9000 series or 9090 cutting on graphtec and transfer paper for installation it’s a repeat customer that we have done a lot of fleet graphics for in past just not that big!! Next time I will be more specific on my post sorry for confusion My Boss already placed the bid at 300 per set that includes a back logo 2x5 ???? He makes the final say.

Maybe it's just me, but that seems awfully cheap for two 5ft x 12ft decals and one 2ft x 5ft decal cut out of a high performance vinyl. Even at the quantity of 500.

Bret R

Amen they won’t listen to me so?? Thank you for the advice I Sure fo appreciate it I don’t know many sign people excuse me sign professionals! To discuss anything with, I love this forum!!