• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bidirection Print problem - MIMAKI JV 3 160 SP

manix78

Hello,I have problem with my mimaki, when I print on bidirection. All heads is new. Slider board in new. Have you any idea? Thanks for your help.Best regardsMario

Attachments

• print1.jpg
    print1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 90
  • print2.jpg
    print2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 86
  • print3.jpg
    print3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 82

Dave L.

Data Issue

Looks like a cable may not be seated properly in the print carraige or the board above the print carraige. Do a in machine test print to test. If your nozzle check has this magenta mist, something is funky. Turn machine off (and Unplug) check that all cables are seated. Especially on teh magenta head ;)

manix78

Looks like a cable may not be seated properly in the print carraige or the board above the print carraige. Do a in machine test print to test. If your nozzle check has this magenta mist, something is funky. Turn machine off (and Unplug) check that all cables are seated. Especially on teh magenta head ;)

I checked the cables and they look ok. They were replaced three months ago. Print test is perfect. Is it possible that this motherboard?

regards
Mario

artbot

i'd do a data swap a the slider board port to see if this moves to a different channel. from there other isolations can add to the diagnosis.

manix78

Thank you for your answer.

I swapped the data cables. Now problem is on the black channel.
swapdata.jpg

Any more ideas?

Regards
Mario

J Hill Designs

electrical issue - even if the cable 'looks ok' it could be damaged.

since the problem followed the swap, it isnt the head.

artbot

i'd now do a data cable swap. to make sure the cable is fine (probably is). macmedia, http://www.macmedia.com/ (ask for kent), does diagnosis and repair of slider boards. after checking connections, i'd pull the slider board and inspect it very carefully for a burned transistor. if you don't find one, that doesn't mean that the board is good. but it's a quick confirmation that you need the slider and not the main board repaired.

manix78

Slider board is replaced on brand new 3 weeks ago. I also changed the cables from slider board to print head. After changing the problem has not gone.

regards
Mario

I'm very interested to see what this problem ends up being; I've seen a lot of weird things on JV3s but that particular pattern is not one of them! I could be wrong, but I believe that a JV3 (in 2x CMYK mode) uses just one row of nozzles in the print head when printing on the outward pass and then uses the other row on the return pass. This would explain why you only see the issue on the return pass. Will suck to be without the motherboard for a few days but I agree - getting it tested sounds like a good move.