• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bidirectional detail calibration setup overlapping lines are not within -20 +20 more like they could be +30

huddsphil

Hi All,
Not posted for a while.
My VS540I having weird issues.
This morning all prints have an apparent overspray.
Several medium cleans, still the same.
So I fit a new OEM cap top, wiper, felt, then doing a full service clean.
When I go into user mode, adjust bi-dir, detail settings and print the test, the direction lines never come together on No1,2,4 they appear it could be way past the +20 see photo
I then went in to service mode and ran the same test, it was the same.
I googled and read it could be the encoder strip, so fitted a new one, ran the encoder setup, calibration etc unfortunately still no change.
I've cleaned the encoder sensor, the feed encoder & sensor.
Is there a setting to get the service mode bir-dir detail settings to get the overlapping line closer to the middle and not way off to the right?
I'm at a lose now, need help/direction please.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-25 at 14.49.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-25 at 14.49.38.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 131

MikePro

if i remember correctly, that is a value that you input into the alignment procedure ...not +/- the existing value.

huddsphil

Hi Mike,
H1,2,3 &4 the test print give the bi-dir setting, you then go into setting and change it to the setting that has the overlapping line, as you can see from the photo, the overlapping lines are off the chart at possibly +25-+30

MikePro

first line looks like +15 to me, you're no2 line might be "off the chart" but not really... just cap it at 20, or try a little higher if you really want but I don't think it would be anywhere near 30.

no4 +15
no3 +9.
no2 +20-24
no1 +16

this forum saved my ass back in my mimaki jv3 days, but youtube is also your friend. found this alignment video if that helps.
edited to add: watching the video, it looks like the triangle indicates what your current setting is. adjust to new value and you should be off and running.
seems simple enough, hopefully you're not going through this process for some other print issues that don't appear to be remedied after alignment? no amount of alignment will correct an overspray issue.

Last edited:

huddsphil

Hi Mike,
Yeah I've done that, this photo is after I changed the encoder strip and before re-calibration. The scan left/right overlapping lines should be nearer the 0 to allow for adjustment either way, theres no clear adjustment when it's already over at +20

huddsphil

Here you go, printer is half open in mid clean/diagnostic
A couple of nozzles are missing but in mid clean

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_181210.jpg
    IMG_20240125_181210.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65

huddsphil

So I've re-run the service mode bi-directional alignment but in user mode the overlapping lines are not available, way off beyond +20
Is there a setting to reset this so overlapping is nearer 0 so I have the ability to adjust?

Attachments

• IMG_20240125_200912.jpg
    IMG_20240125_200912.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61