Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biesse Plast Line

Discussion in 'CNC Routers & Engravers' started by johnnysigns, Jul 10, 2019.

1. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    Anyone using one of these on the forums here? I spoke to someone that operated one several years ago (2015) and he had a lot of great info on issues they were having with the machine after installation. I know the problems I remember it having back then seem to have been addressed as the model has evolved. Any feedback from any possible operator/owners in here?

We're likely doing the 5ft x 10ft, 12hp spindle, registration camera and it will be likely wired for a knife in case we go that route later.

Regardless of which brand we buy, we've demo Vectric's line of software and that or Fusion 360 would likely be our software choice.

Tags:
  2. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    What's leading you to Biesse? What other brands have you explored?

3. johnnysigns

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    We've looked at AXYZ, Multicam and Shop Sabre all pretty closely. Cut quality is a big concern along with support service as a close second. We're solvent gluing heaps of acrylic parts together and repetitive cut quality is of high concern.

4. netsol

netsol Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj
    the biesse is a great machine. YEARS AGO one of our clients has one of the first 5' x 10' machines. it was driven by autocad 2000, but the o/s for the biesse itself was dos 3.3

we turned out cabinets, etc

one of the first projects it got used for was the rutgers university gym & locker rooms

5. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I went to a shop that had a shopsabre and a biesse and it was night a day the quality of the shopsabre cuts. Also they were complaining about biesse support, so for us that was an immediate turn off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sandman

Sandman Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Crystal Falls, MI
    I can't help you with the router itself but I would think twice about Fusion 360. I'm in a cnc forum and I constantly hear about the limitations of the software and the extreme learning curve.

7. johnnysigns

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    Thanks for the feedback gents.