• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BIG ARSE rivets on a 23ft box truck

skyhigh

Has anyone seen, what appears to be jumbo rivets, on a box truck?

The box on this truck is 23ft long x 92" high. The sides are completely smooth, except for these gigantic rivets that resemble a carriage bolt head. There is only one row that runs down the center of the box, and the "rivets" (or bolts) are about 2" in diameter.....and they are extremely rusty.

Does anyone know what these are exactly? Again, they resemble a carriage bolt head.

Does anyone know if these can be removed???

Attachments

• RIVETS.jpg
    RIVETS.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 290

Signed Out

For big rivets we use a leather punch sometimes, cuts the vinyl around the rivet. Not sure about a 2" punch though? Maybe a 2" dia die for die cutting?

To answer your question, nope never seen em that big.

niksagkram

Have you looked inside the truck? We are in the process of doing a car hauler for a client. It hauls two cars inside. Drive one in lift it up, drive the second underneath. Bolts for the lift go through the box and are visible on the outside. As you said, they look like BIG ARSE rivets. We haven't decided how we are going to do them yet. Probably try to wrap them, and if they don't look right, trim them out.

Good luck.

skyhigh

No I haven't looked inside the truck, and they are not close by to take a second look.

If they can be removed, life will be great. Darn things must stick out 3/4 of an inch (not the real problem), but they are terribly rusty.

FLAGLOFT

They probably go to a tie down rack on the side of the truck, i had those on my box truck. Only can be removed if owner does not want to strap any thing down