• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BIG banner well for me

SlightlyChilled

Ok so I have a banner that will be like 15' wide by 8' high I was going to print it and tape it to join the parts. The banner is 13 oz . It will be a inside banner. I'm just on the fence about mounting it. The wall is 1/2" dry wall I have no clue what is behind it I would think metal studs of some sort. What would be my best way to go about this. I was also thinking hang it from a pole pocket but they have a bay door that they open and it would be blowing in the wind. What are my options for mounting to drywall ???

Pat Whatley

I'd sub it out so there wouldn't be a seam but that's just me. Make it without grommets.

Install should be a no brainer....studfinder to find the studs, screw through the banner into the studs wherever possible. Your ends will probably not be in studs but they won't be supporting much weight at all so it won't matter. Enough screws in the bottom to keep it tight. I'd use lath screws because they've got oversized heads on them.

SlightlyChilled

I know this may sound dumb but there might not be studs. It's in a warehouse I can see steel eye beams like 20 feet apart but that's it. so no real clue what's back there. looks like I will have to bust out the stud finder....

MikePro

ummmm.... mounted to an interior wall, so why a banner?
get sum phototex and leave the tools at your shop.

edited: BUT if you're hellbent on banner.... staplegun, done.

SlightlyChilled

Phototex may have worked better. I have a company right down the road that makes stuff just like it. I will give it a try. Also I was thinking keep the money in the town right. Went up fine once it got humid out down it came its in a gym that as no a/c... No other ones fell just this one. Thats why I was thinking banner...

J Hill Designs

8x15 would have some weight, but i think drywall anchors every foot to screw into would hold it well, no need to hit studs

TheSnowman

SUB IT! Signs2Trade will knock that sucker out for the same or less cost as you printing it anyway, and you don't have to screw with it. Get it in the mail and install it. I've basically stopped printing banners in house thanks to them because by the time I mess with finishing and grommets, it's way quicker and the same cost to have them print it. It shows up, I go install it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's indoors and nothing bothers it, why can't you use a nice 10oz or 11oz to decrease the weight situation ?? You could staple it on and then use a nice decorative lath over it with small brads. It would look like a finished border. Kinda like stretching a screen over a frame for a door or window.

GoodPeopleFlags

I also agree that you should sub this job out. I've recently started learning more about textiles and this sound like a good job for soft knit polyester. It's sooo lightweight and the color is awesome and wouldn't have to be seamed. I know a great vendor if you're interested.

2B

I also agree that you should sub this job out. I've recently started learning more about textiles and this sound like a good job for soft knit polyester. It's sooo lightweight and the color is awesome and wouldn't have to be seamed. I know a great vendor if you're interested.

Textiles are GREAT for indoor application and sub it out, no seams and lets you stay focuced on other jobs

SlightlyChilled

Well did the Reinstall today all went well. After getting into it I don't see why I was so wish washy about it. thanks For the help gang

FS-Keith

First off dont use a staple gun to install anything into drywall. Even if it is a steel building and there are drywalled walls they used studs. if it is commerical most likely steel studs. Use toggles, wall dogs, caps and screws or tek screws into studs ect. Not a big deal.