• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Big Order !! Need your help !! Now !

Zazzess

:omg2: We have an order of about 160 Stickers they will put on delivery trucks. The stickers must be 10' long and they want the vinyl to fit the rivets.

I've been suggested the Roland CASC wrap. Now fine.. What do you think is it the right vinyl ??

And its not all we have to begin the delivery before the 20th because they have to begin their deliveries that day for a summer fest in Qc.

Do we have enough time ? We think we can do it if we give it all we have !

And wait !! The customers want to install the wrap themselves...
But they never did that before.. Neither did we... Oh my !!

I need tutorials, suggestion, support :) And a lot of your prayers to help us give it all we can on this one and make them ready for the summer fest :)

Pleeeaaaaassse !!

speedmedia

I would sub this job out to be honest with you. Would probably make a better profit and would be much less work.

Check out the merchant classifieds for options....

If you are going to do it yourself either use Oracal 951 wrap vinyl or 3Mij180c. Wouldn't mess with the Roland stuff.

Kurt

petesign

^^^ What he said. 3MIJ180C with 8518 laminate (if they want gloss) - You can do this job pretty quickly once you get artwork set up. As far as laminating this material, the cast stuff seems to be more forgiving on my POS daige than the calendared stuff. It's *NOT* cheap though, so the others here suggesting you farm it out are probably right if you have issues laminating, or don't feel comfortable.

There was also a recent thread here about calling a decal a decal, not a sticker. If those trucks have rivets, and they haven't installed a decal before, I am going to refer you to cheapvehiclewrap.com to show you what's going to happen when they try on their own :)

VinylLabs.com

montreal quebec, or quebec, quebec? I'll ask my supplier. but if they want to install it themselves... you cannot provide any warentee. I'm in montreal (rive-sud) and my supplier is in Dorval.

Zazzess

Thanks for helping

I would sub this job out to be honest with you. Would probably make a better profit and would be much less work.

Check out the merchant classifieds for options....

If you are going to do it yourself either use Oracal 951 wrap vinyl or 3Mij180c. Wouldn't mess with the Roland stuff.

Kurt

:goodpost:

Zazzess

Thank you so much for your support

^^^ What he said. 3MIJ180C with 8518 laminate (if they want gloss) - You can do this job pretty quickly once you get artwork set up. As far as laminating this material, the cast stuff seems to be more forgiving on my POS daige than the calendared stuff. It's *NOT* cheap though, so the others here suggesting you farm it out are probably right if you have issues laminating, or don't feel comfortable.

There was also a recent thread here about calling a decal a decal, not a sticker. If those trucks have rivets, and they haven't installed a decal before, I am going to refer you to cheapvehiclewrap.com to show you what's going to happen when they try on their own :)

Thanks for these advices. Decal right .. I'll remember thanks for that too.

Zazzess

Thanks for helping

montreal quebec, or quebec, quebec? I'll ask my supplier. but if they want to install it themselves... you cannot provide any warentee. I'm in montreal (rive-sud) and my supplier is in Dorval.

I'm in Quebec city.

Thanks for wanting to help !

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You mention they're 10' long.... how high/tall are they ??

That will help in figuring how many up you can do at a time.

simon

Salut, je suis de la ville de QC aussi.
Je t'ai envoyer un mail privé.

Hi, Im also from QC city
I've send you a privat mail.

bye

MikePro

lol, best of luck completing this... and somehow helping your client apply themselves.

Is this a digital print or stock vinyl colors? I'd offer to be your outsource, but I think the taxes involved with shipping over the border would make it much cheaper to find someone in your region, or do it in-house if you have the ability.

Highly recommend using 3M 180 (either IJ180 for print or 180 stock colors, as its a no-brainer install) but its pricey by comparison to other cast vinyls and WAY pricier than calendared vinyls.

check youtube for videos, I can send you links if you need help. I believe there's instruction pages for application through 3M as well.

make sure you quote your client for install rates... and reproductions. Should they fail to be able to apply the graphics themselves. Working rivots is not your average joe's cup-of tea.

SamFeatherston

I would use Oracal 3551 Rapid Air and 290 Laminate. The combination is close to 5 mil (easier Installation) and it will hold over rivet. Your prints should be let to cure overnight before you laminate. (I work for Oracal) The ICC Profile is on our website.

Letterbox Mike

IJ180C-10 with 8518 gloss laminate. I wouldn't trust Oracal 3551 (sorry Sam), I've seen it fail on too many rivets to recommend it.

PM me if you want a quote on this, we can knock this out easily for you.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Zazzess.... think about it for a moment.

If you can only get 12 done a day, that's at least two weeks of work with nothing else getting done. Besides, do you have a laminator ?? Professionally speaking, something of this nature shouldn't go out without a matching laminate.

It would stand to reason, if you farmed these out from a wholesaler for a good price, you could still go about making your normal markup on your everyday jobs. If you already have the job.... based on your doing it in-house, it only makes sense to have someone else do it for you. Be sure it's not a flatbed printer because of the rivets. In fact anyone with a 54" printer can't do it either.

You don't have much time, but consider the various options.

Zazzess

Thanks for helping

lol, best of luck completing this... and somehow helping your client apply themselves.

Is this a digital print or stock vinyl colors? I'd offer to be your outsource, but I think the taxes involved with shipping over the border would make it much cheaper to find someone in your region, or do it in-house if you have the ability.

Highly recommend using 3M 180 (either IJ180 for print or 180 stock colors, as its a no-brainer install) but its pricey by comparison to other cast vinyls and WAY pricier than calendared vinyls.

check youtube for videos, I can send you links if you need help. I believe there's instruction pages for application through 3M as well.

make sure you quote your client for install rates... and reproductions. Should they fail to be able to apply the graphics themselves. Working rivots is not your average joe's cup-of tea.

Thank you so much ! I've informed my boss on what to expect with that order... We are getting the help... Well I think :) If you have any links to help us I would totally appreciate.
Thanks again !

Zazzess

You are right

Zazzess.... think about it for a moment.

If you can only get 12 done a day, that's at least two weeks of work with nothing else getting done. Besides, do you have a laminator ?? Professionally speaking, something of this nature shouldn't go out without a matching laminate.

It would stand to reason, if you farmed these out from a wholesaler for a good price, you could still go about making your normal markup on your everyday jobs. If you already have the job.... based on your doing it in-house, it only makes sense to have someone else do it for you. Be sure it's not a flatbed printer because of the rivets. In fact anyone with a 54" printer can't do it either.

You don't have much time, but consider the various options.

:goodpost: Thank you for helping :)

We just new that the guy wants 20 for the 20th !!!
That's a lot less !!

We will get the help needed and thanks again for these advices.