• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Boat Graphics!!

Tonyfavs

We were asked today to do prints for a sailboat race in our area. They want 100 large prints with a contour cut.

My question is, which vinyl should I use to print these?

They only need to last a day or 2 at the most, but since the prints will be in saltwater and it will be moving quickly I dont want the image to fade. Also they want to keep the cost down so I was hoping there was a vinyl that could handle this without laminating.

Any help will be really appreciated!!!

phototec

We were asked today to do prints for a sailboat race in our area. They want 100 large prints with a contour cut.

My question is, which vinyl should I use to print these?

They only need to last a day or 2 at the most, but since the prints will be in saltwater and it will be moving quickly I dont want the image to fade. Also they want to keep the cost down so I was hoping there was a vinyl that could handle this without laminating.

Any help will be really appreciated!!!

Not sure I understand what you are asking?

"In salt water and moving quickly"

Are these prints gong to be installed on the side of the boat hull above the water line and being subjected to the water spray, etc?

If so call 3M or Oracal and ask what they recommend!

:thumb:

Not sure I understand what you are asking?

"In salt water and moving quickly"

Are these prints gong to be installed on the side of the boat hull above the water line and being subjected to the water spray, etc?

If so call 3M or Oracal and ask what they recommend!

:thumb:

Don't only ask for a recommendation, ask for a volume price and nail them first...it could be the first of many projects for your company, they help you and you will remember them in the future!

Salmoneye

Laminate. I would thing that any cheap combo would do. Also if you don't laminate they might have a tough time installing them.