• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions BIG CHECKS

Chuck7772

silverback
I have a customer looking for a big check but he wants it as s dry erase board is there any trade only or resellers out there that does this kind of product? Thank you in advance

Bly

Anti graffiti lam works the same. Or pretty much any polyester laminate.
Just as long as they use whiteboard markers.

equippaint

I've always wondered how dry erase board vinyl was different than every laminate ever. Do they put something special in the material? I've also wondered why they make 'chalkboard' vinyl when you can print black and laminate with matte...
I'm pretty sure that all graffiti lam is polyester. Maybe it has tighter pores or something or it just holds up better to harsh chemical cleaning, acetone, lacquer thinner etc ?
Our shop board is regular cal lam, it doesn't seem to clean as easy and we have to hit it with brake cleaner every so often. It does work though.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Harbor Sales sells Dry Erase laminate. I wind up using it for a bunch of things. It's made by R-tape and works fine. Use only EXPO Low-Odor Dry Erase markers. Anything else will leave their mark!
Good luck!

mkmie

Lost Soul
I would recommend putting on 3 mil PVC because they obviously want to reuse and foamcore is not that sturdy.

2B

Vis-à-Vis - Expo® markers is what we have found to be the better marker for dry - erase
make sure they use OEM cleaning solutions on the surface

Last edited:

mkmie

Lost Soul
I've always wondered how dry erase board vinyl was different than every laminate ever. Do they put something special in the material? I've also wondered why they make 'chalkboard' vinyl when you can print black and laminate with matte...
Why didn't I know this?
I have been buying chalkboard vinyl and trying to UV print white on it. Not very successful. I could have just printed and lamed with matte vinyl. Ugh, I feel so stupid.

MikePro

its not the same laminate as every laminate ever, but its close..... while you can most likely make misc. overlaminates "work", a glossy Polypropylene/polyester film has the best properties to not allowing dryerase markers to bind/absorb into/onto the surface.