• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big horizontal banding SP540V

Nismoasfuh

Hey all, So I have this issue with large prints where I get some serious large "banding"? Seems to be extremely noticeable when doing large print with a lot of ink. i have searched for fixes to "horizontal banding" but all threads discuss banding causes by feed calibration issues (which i have issues with as well). But this is something different, and through research it seems to be caused by "ink starvation" where the dampers are not filling up with ink essentially. My test prints are fine, however I have to always do a medium cleaning to either show the cyan (contaminated with black) and to clean the yellow from a little bit of magenta contamination. After a medium cleaning it does a fine test print. If anyone can shine some light on this issue please let me know. I have attached a picture as this will do a lot more justice than trying to explain my issue.

Attachments

• IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 348

Broome Signs

HI

Had this on our old 540
are you still using the small dampers about 1" tall?
if not you need to swap them for the hi capacity ones

in addition try slowing down the feed rate and turn down the heaters
also turn on auto clean and set for about 6m
if you still have problems set to unidirectional

Nismoasfuh

HI

Had this on our old 540
are you still using the small dampers about 1" tall?
if not you need to swap them for the hi capacity ones

in addition try slowing down the feed rate and turn down the heaters
also turn on auto clean and set for about 6m
if you still have problems set to unidirectional
thanks for the reply! I'll definitely look into those when I have some free time.
We do have the larger dampers.
I don't want to go to unidirectional however, its going to be a big time waster. Even if nothing works.
I never knew we could set auto clean for a set length, another thing I have to check out!
I do believe my troubles are coming from damper/ as well as heater and feed calibration. For some reason my feed calibration looks different that everyone else's. However the rectangle/square line up fine. Thanks again for all the useful tips!

player

thanks for the reply! I'll definitely look into those when I have some free time.
We do have the larger dampers.
I don't want to go to unidirectional however, its going to be a big time waster. Even if nothing works.
I never knew we could set auto clean for a set length, another thing I have to check out!
I do believe my troubles are coming from damper/ as well as heater and feed calibration. For some reason my feed calibration looks different that everyone else's. However the rectangle/square line up fine. Thanks again for all the useful tips!
Sometimes using the calibration routines in service mode can be a bit more useful.

Bobas Kalobas

Hey all, So I have this issue with large prints where I get some serious large "banding"? Seems to be extremely noticeable when doing large print with a lot of ink. i have searched for fixes to "horizontal banding" but all threads discuss banding causes by feed calibration issues (which i have issues with as well). But this is something different, and through research it seems to be caused by "ink starvation" where the dampers are not filling up with ink essentially. My test prints are fine, however I have to always do a medium cleaning to either show the cyan (contaminated with black) and to clean the yellow from a little bit of magenta contamination. After a medium cleaning it does a fine test print. If anyone can shine some light on this issue please let me know. I have attached a picture as this will do a lot more justice than trying to explain my issue.
Sometimes using the calibration routines in service mode can be a bit more useful.
The only cure I got for this same problem on my Versacamm SP300V was to buy a better computer. I had the exact problem with medium to big prints. The guy at Pizza Hut told me to buy a computer with an i7 processor! No other brand will work, he said...As I was using a brand new computer with the most updated and large RAM, but I was using an AMD processor. In fact the AMD was faster than the i7 on paper, but not with the Roland printer! It was a COMPLETE GAME CHANGER! and I have NEVER had another problem. :)