• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Mouth Grommet Press

Jack Knight1979

I have both.

I already have a stimpson. AWESOME machine. I've put tens of thousands of grommets through it.

I have this grommet machine for button snaps. I hate this grommet machine. Go stimpson now. If you buy this. You'll use it once and buy a stimpson any way.

Signs 365

I have both.

I already have a stimpson. AWESOME machine. I've put tens of thousands of grommets through it.

I have this grommet machine for button snaps. I hate this grommet machine. Go stimpson now. If you buy this. You'll use it once and buy a stimpson any way.

When it comes to hand presses, Stimpson's are the way to go. I've used others and nothing compares!

don't want to be a thread pirate but....... we have a usbanner one and it basically has a very hard time punching through the double folds on the corners, will actually deform the grommets so we have to pry them out and re do it!

so, avoid usbanner machines! on that note, are the stimpson ones, one press does all? in other words is it a hole punch and grommet all in one? do they have any difficulty going through double folded 13 oz corners at all?

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
don't want to be a thread pirate but....... we have a usbanner one and it basically has a very hard time punching through the double folds on the corners, will actually deform the grommets so we have to pry them out and re do it!

so, avoid usbanner machines! on that note, are the stimpson ones, one press does all? in other words is it a hole punch and grommet all in one? do they have any difficulty going through double folded 13 oz corners at all?

I can't see that having difficulty punching through a couple layers has much to do with the press itself -- perhaps the gromets you've been ordering are not as sharp as they could be or the piercing ring isn't as heavy as it should be to withstand the force necessary to pierce two or three layers.

dsmskyline

I use a Hiker hand machine and it has never deformed a grommet on me. Ive put grommets through up to 8 layers of 13oz scrim banner material, 3 and 6mm sintra, gator board.

Good machine.

i just buy in the standard #2 brass grommets.....so not sure to be honest why it deforms them 9 times out of ten.

have just wrote us banner an email to see what they suggest.