• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big printing problem. Printing a big job and I need help asap!

RSR571

I have a mutoh lt ultra 64 inch. The print has problems with black ink. It looks like everytime the heads reach the left side of the print it drips or drops black ink into the print. Here is a picture.

We have tried manuel cleaning the heads and squeeges and we have ran multiple cleanings. It wont do it in the nozzle check but it does it whenever we make a print. HELP ME! we are printing a huge wrap and need to have this fixed asap! thanks.

Attachments

• cc2642c344d5lc7.th.jpg
    cc2642c344d5lc7.th.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:

Border

Looks more like a head strike to me...
Is it possible that you have a vaccum problem causing the material to lift, or maybe that you have the heat turned up too much which is causing the media to expand and buckle up into the heads???

That's all I can think of off-hand.

wrapman jamz

Run a piece of another file and see if the problem still exists. If not it may be a corrupt file. It looks as though the droplets are following the arc patter of the art.

May not be the Heads, but the file.

RSR571

its not the file, it looks like a head strike but usually we can stop that by making sure we hold the material tight with the take up reel. Any other suggestions?

wrapman jamz

De-humidify the material. Is it a new rool just off the truck? Needs drying out? That's a nasty head strike... are all of the rollers making contact with the materials edges?

P

ProWraps™

looks like a head strike to me. what are you printing on? are there rough edges on the media like the hairs on most banner materials? what is throwing me off is that the pattern of the "strikes" is in-line with the printed pattern.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Most likely a piece of lint or something on the head? Failing that perhaps you might try cleaning the encoder strip. I sometimes get the same sort of thing with cyan and cleaning the encoder strip tidies it up nicely.

P

ProWraps™

if it is the encoder strip, just dont touch it with your fingers. i know member DERF had many problems with his encoder strip. so much so, he bought a new printer. looks like its almost flushing on the edge. but the small streaks are hard to decifer. i hope you get it fixed. i feel your pain. my lamy went down and put my shop back for over a week. its not like we got 20K worth of equipment sitting idle to swap out. so again, i feel you.

Typestries

yet another possibility......pinched by the igus, loose and or broken (on a very micro level)head data (ribbon) cable that's causing incorrect voltage to heads only when the head is in that area? Is that where the cable is most extended? ......only consider this if it happens on other files AND other medias. I can't really see the picture that well.....

RSR571

Most likely a piece of lint or something on the head? Failing that perhaps you might try cleaning the encoder strip. I sometimes get the same sort of thing with cyan and cleaning the encoder strip tidies it up nicely.

Nice job, that is ecaxtly what it was, a small piece of lint, it looks like thats all it was thanks for everyones help.

rdm01

It is a long strip the runs the length of you printer and has hundreds and
hundreds of little lines on it. Its purpose is to update the printer on where the
head is at all times. If it is dirty, the signals being sent the the motherboard
and fuzzy, and problems arise.

Dave L.

It looks like air contamination to me. Dampers that do not have a true seal will take in air, the air is then expelled at the end of the head movement, pushing out ink with it.