• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big problem with my Edge 2

Will308decals

03EC6502-A818-4580-B65E-52DC27B5A57D.jpeg
Hi, have just had a problem with my Gerber Edge 2. It usually takes about 5, 6, 7 seconds to boot up after I flip the power switch. But just last night I flipped the switch and nothing happened for about 5 minutes so I kept trying it. Nothing. This morning I tried it again and after about 10 minutes of just sitting there with the flip switched it turned on. After I turned it off it wouldn’t turn back on so took it apart. The first picture is what I found and the second is what I did to it to fix it. I have a light hooked up in the same outlet as my printer and when I flipped the power switch on the printer the light flickered and we tested the printer for electricity and there is a current running through it. But it still will not power up. Anybody have any suggestions?
Thank you

Attachments

• 68E4BA5D-8C0E-4A51-94F4-21A16F93FFB5.jpeg
    68E4BA5D-8C0E-4A51-94F4-21A16F93FFB5.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Joe House

You're probably going to need a new power supply, but have you tried plugging it into another outlet on a different circuit yet? If it does the same thing on another circuit, give Gerber Support a call at 800-828-5406. They're good about helping trouble shoot things over the phone.
Also, if you're looking at that bundle of wires that fell down, I wouldn't worry about that. Just get some double sided foam tape and put it back up.

Titch Sanders

I had a very similar problem years ago.. but we're UK here on 220v, but.. we plugged in a 110v transformer direct to the 'kettle' socket on the side of the Edge.. all came back to life and ran that machines for nearly 7 years like that. Which, told me that the transformer side of the Power Supply Unit was at fault..??
I would as suggested, check all fuses & their connections too..following wires.. not sure if you can bypass the transformer and put 110v direct to the machine..just in case it is the transformer?? Somewhere.. I have the wiring diagram for two versions of PSU on an Edge.. if you need them, post back and I'll find them if need.
Good luck in your quest though.....
Titch Sanders (UK)

signage

I had a very similar problem years ago.. but we're UK here on 220v, but.. we plugged in a 110v transformer direct to the 'kettle' socket on the side of the Edge.. all came back to life and ran that machines for nearly 7 years like that. Which, told me that the transformer side of the Power Supply Unit was at fault..??
I would as suggested, check all fuses & their connections too..following wires.. not sure if you can bypass the transformer and put 110v direct to the machine..just in case it is the transformer?? Somewhere.. I have the wiring diagram for two versions of PSU on an Edge.. if you need them, post back and I'll find them if need.
Good luck in your quest though.....
Titch Sanders (UK)

Please post these schematics.

Titch Sanders

All I can find at present.. you'll need to determine the make of the PSU too I think.
Hope this helps a little little bit....
EDGE 1.jpg
EDGE 2.jpg