• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big rolls of material cutting, 7.5" in diameter Summa S2-T75

joelswork

Hey guys,
Just wondering some suggestions for running large rolls of material on my new Summa. It is basically a two sided adhesive where we are cutting through one backer and leaving the other. The manufacturer sent in these massive rolls but dang...they are huge. I really don't want to put a roller through it and I don't have a way to rewind them on another core unless I do it by hand. suggestions are welcome

guillermo

Hey guys,
Just wondering some suggestions for running large rolls of material on my new Summa. It is basically a two sided adhesive where we are cutting through one backer and leaving the other. The manufacturer sent in these massive rolls but dang...they are huge. I really don't want to put a roller through it and I don't have a way to rewind them on another core unless I do it by hand. suggestions are welcome

put the roller on the machine and unroll by hand as is feeding in........ that is what I do when I get a new roll and do not want the motor of my machine to pull the heavy roll.

Joel golden

Well guys, I came up with another solution. It was also rolled the wrong way and caused some tunneling issues when I tried rerolling it. I used my $50 30” table top media/premask roller. I mounted it on a table above the plotter. Worked like a charm. 150,000 circles cut and delivered! That took way too long!