• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big squeegee advice?

GoodPeopleFlags

We LOVE our big squeegees! But we have problems with keeping large prints straight on the board. For example, yesterday I layed a 2'x8' print on 10mm coro. I went to great lengths to make sure the print was straight with the board. I started on the 24" side and layed it with the BS. At less than halfway down the 8' length, it was already starting to go crooked. By then end, it was off by about 2"! Luckily I used application fluid so I could pull it back up and squeegee the rest by hand.

I'm not complaining about the BS. I'm thinking it's probably "operator error" so I was wondering what you guys do to keep long prints straight.

TheSnowman

My guess would be because you were using application fluid. I've never had one track off more than like 1/8"...and I don't even try...they just come out that well.

showcase 66

Since I have been using it I have not had any problem with it. Maybe like stated above, it was because of the application fluid. Not sure. I was worried at first but after the first couple of signs, not anymore. I just did a 22" by 16' sign panel and it laid down perfectly.