• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big squeegee help

njsteve

I am using the big squeegee to install a digital print on a wall. My question is this, is there a tool out there that will slice the backer paper of the digital print so I can hinge the print and do it in half. The print is 4' x4' and round so i would like to keep the backer on so I can line it up. Any help would be appreciated.

J

john1

Just hinge it in the middle. Peel half backing paper off, trim with knife, lay that side down the do the other side. BAM!

gabagoo

zippy works great

Attachments

• 2009-07-01-Zippy.jpg
    2009-07-01-Zippy.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 82

John Butto

You do not want to try and slit just the backing paper down the middle because you will end up ruining the print. Put the 4x4 on the wall, get it straight, tape the two sides, peel back around 4" from top, cut that off, squeegee down, take off your tape fron sides, take your big squeegee from the top and move it down. Did I miss anything or do you want me to come over and do it for you.

njsteve

thanks

thanks for all the help guys. John, I think i got it I was just trying to get a little advice. My bad, i thought this is what this site was all about

JR's

thanks for all the help guys. John, I think i got it I was just trying to get a little advice. My bad, i thought this is what this site was all about

ummmm. you did get a little advice. and that is what this site is all about, and then some. ;-}

JR

John Butto

Some more advice: you could do the start of the circle from the bottom instead of the top since you are using a big squeegee and the rolled up vinyl would go out better and I quess you do not want me to come over and do it for you. There are videos on youtube of how to install vinyl but it does not have the added sarcasm.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
You can also pre-mask half of it and use the mask to keep it all going on strait.

To answer your question...The cutter on the plotter works as a backing slitter.