• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee Information

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
For those that are new to :signs101: and for some that may not know what the Big Squeegee talk is all about....:banghead:

Big Squeegee is a brand name for our line of vinyl application tools. The tools are designed to fill the gap between small squeegees and powered laminators. In many cases the Big Squeegee tools take the place of the need for an expensive roll laminator.

The design and use is very different than little squeegees in that they lay the vinyl down the whole width all at once. For this reason, it is more closly related to power laminators than little squeegees. Perhaps it would be better to call it a manual laminator than a Big Squeegee...:rolleyes:

Power laminators do have their place and if you do a lot of laminating stuff over 30' long then it may be worth the extra thousands of $$$ to have one. A small shop that laminates and mounts mostly small prints can easily do without a power laminator. Even those that have a laminator, use the Big Squeegee for small graphics(under 4' X 16').

The tools come in 5 types with sizes from 10" to 64" long in 6" steps. The sizes were determined by the commonly used widths of vinyl. They should always be at least 2" longer than the width of the vinyl you are applying but, not so long as to become awkward on a large job. The sizes you will need will depend on what kind of jobs you do the most. On larger signs such as 4' X 8' you can use one that is 2" longer for small numbers and it can also be used for 36" wide applications. For large numbers of the same size sign it would be better to get a tool that is longer so, you don't have to keep track of where the ends of the tool are quite as much.

Most of the tools will apply premask to cut vinyl. Premask is not recommended for applying prints unless stretching a 1/4" in 8' would be unacceptable. Premask can be applied to thin backing materials to make the vinyl easier to apply.

The Big Squeegee line of vinyl application tools can save the user a lot of time and materials while producing professional looking results at a low price. they usually pay for themselves many times in a single day. Best of all, it will increase your confedence in accepting jobs that you may otherwise have turned down.

I use "vinyl" to mean prints, laminates or cut vinyl. It also pertains to any other simular materals that are pressure sensitive(having an adhesive) The tools also get used for applying double sided adhesive material for mounting posters.

CentralSigns

Hey Dale. Not easy to find a Canadian supplier. The two French sites (Quebec sites)don't show the product, one is pretty much in French, not a language we all speak and the other has been under construction for a while. I guess if I want one I have to find a American supplier, that will deal with Canadian shops. I have certainly plugged you product lots with my suppliers with the hopes they will try to get them in.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Canadian suppliers

Hey Dale. Not easy to find a Canadian supplier. I have certainly plugged you product lots with my suppliers with the hopes they will try to get them in.
Thanks for the plugs. Until I get more suppliers up that way, they can be ordered direct through my web site.

I send them through the mail when I can to save on shipping.(For those that did not know that) I can send the longest squeegee(64") to Canada using the postal system.

Tim Aucoin

I've purchased several squeegees from Dale (for my shop and for others in my Franchise), and have not had a problem with shipping yet! Excellent products that I use almost daily. Any Canadians are welcome to contact me for my opinion and experience(s) in getting these shipped up here. :thumb::thumb:

bigben

Hey Dale. Not easy to find a Canadian supplier. The two French sites (Quebec sites)don't show the product, one is pretty much in French, not a language we all speak and the other has been under construction for a while. I guess if I want one I have to find a American supplier, that will deal with Canadian shops. I have certainly plugged you product lots with my suppliers with the hopes they will try to get them in.

I've ordered mine directly from Dale without any problems. I think it also easier that way for me.

sfr table hockey

I have 3 of them. Take the time to practice a bit with them and you will love them. I do 4' x 8' quite often by my self and without them I would be at a loss. I had made my own to start with and it worked for smaller stuff but I do have to say that Dale's are just that much better and work better. I have laid thin laminate with them using Dales technique for laminates and it works.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
We were skeptical.
We bought one.
With a little practice it works like a charm.

A must purchase for any serious sign company.

buttons

TG Graphics carries them. They're not on the site but if you email them they'll get back to you with a price quote quickly.

http://technogestass.com
info@technogestass.com

Conor Knoxx

not sure they still do...
but All Graphic Supplies in Toronto used to carry them.
I got mine directly from Dale as well though (before All Graphic started to market them)

Not a day goes by that don't use mine either!

CentralSigns

not sure they still do...
but All Graphic Supplies in Toronto used to carry them.
I got mine directly from Dale as well though (before All Graphic started to market them)

Not a day goes by that don't use mine either!

I was trying to get Proveer to get them in Calgary. The equipment technician was really interested. I mentioned T3's shop was happy with them. They were going to look into getting them in.

MikesSigns

Love All mine. Even got a real long one and seldom used, I just cut it up into various different lengths. They are used every day. I was skeptical at first....but won't leave the shop without it.