• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee - laminate produces "micro bubbles"

kffernandez

like most of you posted, i was very happy to say that most of the "micro bubbles" i mentioned were actually silvering - and is in fact, a normal occurrence with the BS.

i still had a few obvious bubbles a day after, but after hearing about gabagoo's experience - i expect this to disappear sooner or later.

for the benefit of the other members, here are the things i've learned:

(1) you need to figure out first the basic concept of the BS by watching the videos, reading up on the forums, and practicing. just going through the motions like a robot and expecting good results will disappoint you terribly.

(2) "micro-bubbles" or haziness during lamination is actually silvering. and is in fact normal for BS. if you did the application properly, they will go away in a day or two. any bubbles left over after 1-2 days might require heating or popping. but the great thing is. one way or another, they will eventually go away since vinyl is gas permeable. :peace!:

(3) the silvering can be minimized. a good application that involves a constant [right amount of] pressure, perfectly smooth and level application surface, along with an uninterrupted release of the backing paper [dave recommends the double sided tape method] will improve your results considerably.

thank you all for your inputs. you can now count me as one of the many happy users of the Big Squeegee. :thankyou:

kelly