Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

big squeegee + slitter question

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by RalphGS, Apr 1, 2011.

1. RalphGS

RalphGS Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I am planning on buying the "Big Squeegee" after reading on this forum a bit (thanks!)

my question is; can the BS be used with etched glass foil?
    or is etched glass foil only to be mounted wet?

Also, watching the BS-video's on youtube I wonder where I can find the "slitter" he is using in this video http://www.youtube.com/user/bigsqueegee#p/a/u/0/oRbZC0btIwI (at 0:22)

thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. RalphGS

RalphGS Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I got an answer from Dale himself; it does work with etched glass.

the slitter he is using is a prototype.

3. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    I'm not sure with your 2nd post here if I answered you correctly. If the etched glass can be mounted dry then the Big Squeegee will work. If the etched glass works the same way as window tint then you will need to apply it the same way as window tint.

I have applied window tint dry with success but it is not recommended by those that do it on a regular basis. The wet allows you to move it around some before sticking it down.

4. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Etched is just vinyl.. I'd suggest doing it wet with rapid tack.. but I use rapid tack for everything.

5. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    The last time I did glass etch on a store front dry it was ugly... I had to recut it, then used rapid tac. Everything else I would do dry, but there is something about that glass etch... very soft & thin.

6. bigben

bigben Very Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Quebec
    I've always put etch glass dry like any other vinyl without any problems. Why it would be different?