• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big squeegee

njsteve

OK, here goes. I have been involved in the sign business on the sales end for a fairly long time. I just recently started to try, key word is try, to do some installations myself. Needless to say I broke even on a few jobs because I had to make the print twice. I broke down and bought a big squeegee. I can't believe the ease of use on this thing. Am I a master yet, NO, but are the prints more than passible, YES. This thing saved me alot of time and money. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents out there to maybe help another newbie who is thinking about buying this product.

signmeup

Nice plug. I just watched a video on the Big Squeegee and it is an impressive thing to see it done so easily. The one I saw looked like a quarter section of pipe.

You broke even just because you had to print a job 2x? Need to look at your pricing, you are in NJ not Nebraska. Price accordingly with the expectation of a possible mishap.

I have 5 Big Squeegees and I wouldn't trade them for anything! I use them every day!

Pat Whatley

Yeah, every time I mount a 4x8 print in five minutes I think about the years we spent applying them wet at the end of the day so they'd have time to dry out overnight.

JR's

You broke even just because you had to print a job 2x? Need to look at your pricing, you are in NJ not Nebraska. Price accordingly with the expectation of a possible mishap.

yes please, I am getting killed because people are not pricing right.

the BS is a good tool. and welcome from MA.

JR

njsteve

ok I didnt want to admit that I screwed up that many pieces of digital printing. The one job I had to do a few times, then pay someone else to do it. I don't want anyone to worry that I'm 5% louie. I just screwed up so many times, felt embarrased to admit it. Thanks for all the welcomes.

AUTO-FX

ok I didnt want to admit that I screwed up that many pieces of digital printing. The one job I had to do a few times, then pay someone else to do it. I don't want anyone to worry that I'm 5% louie. I just screwed up so many times, felt embarrased to admit it. Thanks for all the welcomes.

It's a tough field to plow sometimes. Keep trying!

JR's

I don't want anyone to worry that I'm 5% louie. I just screwed up so many times, felt embarrased to admit it. Thanks for all the welcomes.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

it happens to all of us. you will get it just hang in there. :goodpost:

JR

njsteve

yeah, it takes alot of trial and error to get the pricing just right, then just when you think you got it your told, "i can get that for half of the price" LOL. We are in Northern NJ.

J

john1

yeah, it takes alot of trial and error to get the pricing just right, then just when you think you got it your told, "i can get that for half of the price" LOL. We are in Northern NJ.

Pricing is one of those things where, No matter what everyone on the forums are charging your costs will differ. Depending on your hourly rate you would like to get paid and the suppliers your using.

You will always come in more expensive than someone else or less expensive than others. I don't worry about matching anyone's pricing anymore, I know what X job is worth to me according to my time and materials and that's what it is.

sfr table hockey

Welcome....

I just layed down my first back lit. It was 24" x 10 ' long and I was terrified. Layed perfect. Then put the 210 laminate over and was terrified. Layed perfect. I have 3 Big Squeege's and thanks to Dale, I'm no longer terrified.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

We are new Big Squeegee users. Absolutely delighted with them.