• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BIG Thank you to a wonderfull Signs101 user!

JMDigital

I was having the worst time with a file that would not print with the correct
colors. I received an offer from "sfr table hockey" to send him the file so
he could see if I was missing something. I sent the file and less then 24 hours later he is sending me and email with a new AI file, and a custom ICC profile for me to try! Also some amazing advise in the email itself that really
did help. I just wanted to publicly thank "sfr table hockey" for doing so much work to help me and asking for nothing in return. I Joined this family in 2005 and have been here long enough to know that the Signs 101 family does go beyond a normal reply of advise. There are great people here. I just wanted
to point one out to you all.
:thankyou: :signs101::U Rock:

mudmedia

He always has helpful useful information..I am interested on what he changed on your file to get the colors to print better though!

Its always good to help a fellow S101 member out!

sfr table hockey

You are welcome. I may not have cured your problem but the new profile may be a start.

As for the file in question. There was one corner that was supposed to be a darker blue but was coming out purple. With my desktop laser printer, that file looked normal and, the blue was a blue. Now with a profiled monitor you can generally see the right color and when I looked at that area, it did have a bit of purple hue to it. So if you print with a profile that might not be accurate or one of the Roland profiles for these older printers, that could make that purple even more off. Lets hope the new made profile (for Roland's Ecosol Max inks) hits the color a bit better. It may also be the reason for the gradient not looking right on your printer.

Also the file was created in CMYK but without an embedded profile. I don't think that was a major issue but may be when you open it up in another program like flexi and try to print. I tend to print out of Production Manager on its own and create in RGB. The only other suggestion was to convert that file to RGB and change the color of that corner to one that looked like the laser print so then when I test printed the file on the CJ it came out like the laser print color.

The last suggestion was to give this new profile to the person who creates the file, and place that into the proof setup as the proof profile. This will give a more accurate look of the color you get when printing the files. At least it does for me. However if their monitor is way off on what they see it will not help. This is where a profiled monitor comes in handy.

If we all keep trying to pay it forward this 101 place could be an even nicer place to be.