• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

big x when trying to imprt

Dubs Chops

Okay guys Something has changed in my software. I am using flexisignpro. I am trying to open an eps. when importing the link and preview box's are unchecked. I will click import and get a blank screen. i have cut these files before but something has changed. the only thing that i know of that has changed was i loaded them onto my other comp and a program name ifranview was default opening them. i used it to preview files. so i tryied to click the preview and link box's and then i get the big X when i import them. i clicked design central and seen the postscript tab so i tried clicking it then the parse buttom but it told me, this file was not created with adobe illustrator do you want to proceed? so then i click yes and it says. there are errors while importing AI file. Stop inporting. And it just gives me the OK box.

All help is GREATLY appreciated!

Dubs Chops

cmon guys i really got to get this figured out. it has almost stopped production. i cant import any of my old eps. files unless theywere modified by flexipro first then saved.

IVIilkman

Have you Tried Both EPS import Filters In Flexi? Have you Tried any Other Program Like Corel To Open the Files?

shrmndlit

Don’t know much about the Flexi (Never Used It) but it sounds like either one of two things is going on as mentioned you have another program poking its nose into your files or your Flexi prog has been corrupted almost sounds like it is in a user demo mode. If your shop is at a standstill first thing to do is call Flexi I understand they have a great customer support service. Another thing to check is to use the restore future on your computer although you will lose current data you have all of your files back up so there should be no problem.

Bigdawg

Just Me
infranview should not have changed the files by just previewing them. I use it regularly for odd file formats and have never had a problem reopening the file in the original program.

Dubs Chops

yeah i didnt think it was ifranview either. what exactely are the eps import filters? i have never had to mess with them but maybe i accidentaly changed something, What should they be set at?

IVIilkman

If you look under the File Types at Import You Will notice that there are 2 EPS Types. They Both Work Differently you will have to Select the Type you want to Use. If you have it on View all it will only Try the Default EPS Filter and not the 2nd one. This Is true for Alot of other Programs also Like Corel draw.

Bitmap_in_Graphic1.jpg

Last edited: