• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bigger Squeegee

cardfan4342

I have been laminating with a 32" big squeegee and love it. I have since purchased a 54" printer and need to upgrade my lamination procedures. My question is can 1 person laminate a 4 ft. x 8 ft. print solo? I know technique and talent are important. Is there anyone out there doing this daily with a high success rate? I have watched the videos available and it seems possible. Thanks in advance!

MVIP

ABSOLUTELY!!! Wouldn't do it any other way. Takes me longer to trim it to size than stick it.
-Matt

cardfan4342

I hope I was specific enough. My question is referring to using the Big squeegee not a traditional laminator. Thanks for the quick reply MVIP

grafixhenk

Yes you can, I just laminated a 4x12 by myself with the biq squeegee and worked like a dream. We use it all the time for larger laminating jobs and mounting to substrates. The only problem is just trying to hard to do it. Just let the big squeegee do its thing!

signs2trade

I HAVE THE 36 INCH BS....PERSONALLY I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET IT TO WORK THE WAY IT SHOULD. I BOUGHT IT TO LAMINATE SMALLER STUFF LIKE MAGNETICS. IM SURE ILL GET IT DOWN.....IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO BUY A MOUNTER I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE HIGHWAY HANDYMAN. (IM NOT AFFIALIATED WITH THEM AT ALL). THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR ANY SIGN SHOP THAT DOES A LOT OF MOUNTING..
http://youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=SIGN%20MOUNTER&search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&search=Search&v=&uploaded=&filterL=1&view_type=

MVIP

.....and if you buy within the next ten minutes...you get not one...but two big mutha daddy pro squeegees.....but thats not all....

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I have been laminating with a 32" big squeegee and love it. I have since purchased a 54" printer and need to upgrade my lamination procedures. My question is can 1 person laminate a 4 ft. x 8 ft. print solo? I know technique and talent are important. Is there anyone out there doing this daily with a high success rate? I have watched the videos available and it seems possible. Thanks in advance!
The 56" Laminator squeegee has a new satin covered edge which gives a more smoother look to the finale lamination. Check out the videos in my signature. It is not difficult to laminate a 4 X 8 sheet by yourself.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
how much for just the satin to retro-fit the original BS?
The satin tape is $20 for a 10 yard roll.

The new edge is also shaped different and is padded to get the same fill charactoristics of the felt. I'm not even going to try retro-fitting the ones I still have left with felt.

The benifits of the satin over the felt are;

1. No loose fibers to deal with.

2. Smoother application. No streaking and less silvering.

3. The edge has been reshaped to make applying laminates with thin backing easier.

One thing I don't like about the satin is that it won't work with transfer tape. All squeegees that are used for masking are still made with the felt edge.