• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bill the Bus man

Bill72

HELLO

My name is Bill and I design print and install vinyl graphics on coach busses, RV,s, and fleet. I have only been in the business about a year and have recently taken over the graphics department in the shop. For the most part it's a one man show and so when issues arise with equipment, design, printing, laminating, installation..... ... whatever I have very few places to turn for advice. I have also found that service techs are not always as knowledgeable as you need them to be and, in my experience, aspire to be sales reps. If you want things done right your best bet is to get advice from those with experience and do it yourself. Learning on the way.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Welcome Bill. Yes, you will get lots of advice here. Consider joining other forums as well. Maybe specific to the software you use. Ai, corelDraw, Flexi, SignLab, etc.

Myron

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

How's the weather where you are?
I am originally from SD.

Bill72

Thanks for the welcomes I've already learned much going through the threads.

Weather wise been mild winter can't complain.

MCI'S are assembled in a North Dakota plant I believe. MCI and VanHool are the most common coaches we get in to the shop and sell.

Andy D

I have also found that service techs are not always as knowledgeable as you need them to be and, in my experience, aspire to be sales reps. If you want things done right your best bet is to get advice from those with experience and do it yourself. Learning on the way.

I couldn't agree with you more there!

My experience is, on the day-to-day running of your equipment, instructions
you get from techs is just parroted info a engineer came up with, neither having any real world
printing experience, and much of their info isn't practical.

What's worse is when the tech works for the company that produced your printer, they won't admit that your issues
are due to a know engineering default, they will instead blame the printer operator or send you on a wild goose chase
trying different things, buying replacement part, etc. Not all tech do this, but for the ones that work for shady companies,
it's standard operational procedure...

I will take advise from a knowledgeable printer operator over a tech every time.