• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

billboard quality and cutting

anax

hello, sometimes when I print (VP540) big letters (or sth simmilar)in one colour on oracal 3164, it would be sufficient to print it in billboard quality what means FAST. Well in original profile for Oracal I don't have such possibility; in Roland generic vinyl neither. I have it on Generic Banner- and I use it- colours are ok, sufficient for me, and I can print fast. But...Yes there's one BUT:) Once after such print I wanted to cut this what I printed. And what a surprise- this profile doesn't allow me to cut:(
So I would like to use Roland profile, for banners, on vinyl, in billboard quality and have a possibilty of CUTTING. Do I want too much?

regards
Karol

The banner and billboard profiles are not made with cut options. Use a vinyl high speed profile and you'll get better quality prints for sure. Also, if you're using billboard profile go to Uni-Direction as this will help with the "lawn mover " effect you must be having.

joeshaul

+1 to Pat's suggestion. Copy the profile, then right click on your new copy, go to Media Characteristics, select Cutting, then "Enable Cutting".

anax

PCS I now that I can use high speed quality, because it's a "normal" quality for fair (I do graphics for stands) however billboard quality is sometimes enough for me and it's double faster. I don't know this "lawn mover" effect, I use bidirection and I have nice colors:)
Anax

Generally with high speed Billboard mode you will have a color change from the heads passing left to right - the ink is laid down BCMY on the left pass, then YMCB on the Right pass. This is the "lawnmover effect" produced and shows more with high speeds. Yes, speed is doubled, but print quality suffers (of course this depends on the job, quality needed, and quoted price). You're not doing anything wrong...I was just curious.