• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billing the cut size or printed?

formanek

So I am wondering about how you all have been doing the billing on certain wraps. The HHR attached is a wrap, but obviously is cut to the edge of the fruit. Would you charge for the square footage by the amount of vinyl that comes off your roll or just what is placed on the vehicle?

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 92

housemusikid

We charge by the square footage. It is much easier to do and less of a headache for the designer and customer service to figure out by actual size. This also gives a little bit more money for your company that the customer knows nothing about for challenges that develop.

Mosh

I charge on how much material I use. Like if a print is 12"x48" or 20"x48" I charge for 48" of material. It is used either way...Now if there are two that can fit in the area, they get a deal.

John Butto

48"x48"

Can't you just flip the print (12"x48") and charge 1'x4'= 4 sq' or
20"x48" and charge 2'x4'=8 sq' or do you charge 4'x4'=16 sq' for each one.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Always material use off the roll - regardless of how much if it is cut off and thrown away.

formanek

We charge by the square footage. It is much easier to do and less of a headache for the designer and customer service to figure out by actual size. This also gives a little bit more money for your company that the customer knows nothing about for challenges that develop.

So what comes off the roll correct? That is what I have been doing because it is not like I can reuse the vinyl that I cut from the wrap.

jiarby

bill the printed...but charge for the cut.

Factor your waste into your price... but quote it to the customer at the finished dimensions.

Think like the butcher at the meat market. He is not charging you for the trimmings he removed, but has factored their cost in to the price per pound for the cut he is selling you.

Last edited:

Custom_Grafx

why not just have a print charge, a linear metre charge, and trimming charge... and add it all up?

for this reason - I think Diesel's got it right - charge by the job. have your internal formulas for quoting, like the above.

Mosh

Can't you just flip the print (12"x48") and charge 1'x4'= 4 sq' or
20"x48" and charge 2'x4'=8 sq' or do you charge 4'x4'=16 sq' for each one.

Well yes, but I was just making the point I charge for the material used,not just the print area....Let's say then something 55" long....