• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bioshock Infinite - Eye candy for sign makers.

Joe Diaz

Any gamers out there? Have you played Bioshock Infinite yet? I've been excited about this one for a while now, and so far it doesn't disappoint. I'm not sure how far I am in the game (so don't spoil it for anyone if you have finished the game) but the artwork is amazing. AND it's fun to play. There are great looking turn of the century style signs everywhere throughout the floating city called Columbia. I spend a good deal of the time just walking around the level's enjoying the scenery. This game is a sign makers wet dream. :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpV166ko-_s

Jack Knight1979

It's on my list of purchases. I need to move my xbox to the shop because I can never play it with my wee kids around. I have so many games I have to finish. No time.

WI

I suspect Irrational might have made Bioshock Infinite so there'd finally be an appropriate place to use Algerian.

OADesign

Didn't realize there were any other game fans here. Cool!

Yea, this and Crysis 3 are on my list. Also eye balling a GeForce GTX TITAN so both will look ever so pretty and fast. But just can't justify the expense right now.

Last edited:

WI

I run a Radeon 7850 right now ($200~$220ish) and I've yet to install anything that didn't run great. Now, we might be turning a big corner in terms of hardware requirements since the next generation of consoles is right on the horizon, but I'll play that one by ear.

If you're looking for another great shooter, try Far Cry 3. It's like a honeyed wonderland where you can torch huge fields of illegal drugs with the power of dubstep, and then go hunting for bears with a grenade launcher.

petesign

I got Skyrim a few months ago, and was playing a good bit until we got so busy that I haven't had time to play. Its too immersive, and hard to play in small chunks... so at lunch, I will bust out some minecraft and do a little digging.

The skyrim engine is based on the Fallout 3 engine, imho fantasy vs. nuclear wasteland loses every time, but beautiful nonetheless. Fallout 3 still ranks as one of my favorite games I have ever played. Nailing someone's head to the wall with a home made rail gun, or taking out a super mutant with a tactical nuke with the sound blaring just rocks. I never could get into New Vegas though.

Circleville Signs

I am almost through the game (probably.an hour or two to go), and I thought the same thing. The signage is gorgeous. I have been snapping pics during gameplay for inspiration. True story :smile:

trik

Leroyyyyyyyyy Jenkins

Love it!!!

I played Far Cry 3, was pretty fun!!!

Skyrim is flat out awesome as well, and amazing graphics!!! Have over 200 hours in the game.......my wife was a little po'ed when i stated playing the game, every spare minute was playing. All my games are pc games as well no console games.

My son runs a gaming website, www.everythingfps.com. Check it out.

Our clan website, forgot : http://www.911badboyz.com/

:rock-n-roll:

Circleville Signs

Just finished Bioshock:Infinite. Holy crap. Biggest mind eff/best ending I have ever seen in a game. Wow. TOTALLY worth the 2 year wait. Just.....wow

Mike F

L.A. Noire is another good one, set in 1947 or so in a pretty faithful reproduction of Los Angeles at the time, lots of nice old school signage to check out.

WI

L.A. Noire is another good one, set in 1947 or so in a pretty faithful reproduction of Los Angeles at the time, lots of nice old school signage to check out.

Interesting story about L.A. Noire. They didn't do the same kind of crazy recordkeeping back then, so no one at Rockstar really knew how Los Angeles was laid out in 1947. They managed to dig up some aerial photographs that some crazy SOB in a barnstormer took of the city. That doesn't sound too nuts until you consider the fact that to get these shots, this guy had to lean out of an open-cockpit aircraft with no auto-pilot with a 50 pound camera in his hands.

Joe Diaz

I beat the game this weekend. MIND BLOWN. I love stories like that so I enjoyed it, but the visuals are what made the game in my opinion. Also I loved the little music covers they had.

But yeah WI's right, Algerian definitely got some play in that game. LOL Wouldn't have been my pick but they made it work where they could.