Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Bitmoji's and lifesize "fatheads"

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Geneva Olson, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    So, I used to be a teacher. I have a lot of teacher friends and they are always asking for things I can provide for them.
    Some are really getting creative during this coronavirus pandemic and the start of school.
    One teacher will be doing her all of her classes remotely through zoom. She wants to add coroplast students in the seats. (There's more..she wants them to be able to to ask questions..but that's not anything sign people need to worry about).

Anyway, I need to find a way to take these BITMOJI's and turn them into "lifesize" fatheads...When I blow them up they become pixelated because they aren't meant for printing on coroplast. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to recreate these things?

Tags:
  2. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    I assume these are very low rez, you may need to blow them up to about 5 - 8" in one direction and trace them manually

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    cute idea :)
    instructional videos available on how to download the bitmoji's, but bitmap'd images by design are super low-res.
    Found this youtube video on how to enlarge & de-pixelate via photoshop
    ...maybe even finish with some gausian blur.

it'll never be clean&perfect like a vector image, but it'll get ya closer than simply printing at 20x magnification.

4. Geneva Olson

Geneva Olson Expert Storyteller

Sep 3, 2019
    Webster, TX
    I don't mean to laugh, but, redrawing them..ugh..

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1