• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Biz cards.

GypsyGraphics

Wow Gypsy, that does look bad. Ive been using gotprint for several years now, and a large amount of orders from everything from bizcards to brochures, and have yet to get a bad job from them. Most of my stuff comes out of ohio.
in all fairness... that particular job was intentionally a tough test.
the white text on black is thin and tiny, only about 1.5 inches wide.
4over prints at 500 line screen... got print clearly can't touch that.
when i try out a new printer, i send a tough job and check it with a loop... didn't need a loop to see how poor got prints quality was.

if you're interested, i'll repost the zoomed out pic i deleted (when i'm back in my office)

you can make a ton of money using 4over. 4over is one of the best things that has happened to our business.
same here.... very profitable!

Isn't 4over going after the sign business now?
very limited in their signage... and trade only.
i have them print most of my coro signs and laminate them myself. again... very profitable.

showcase 66

I have used gotprint and 4over. I have had some issues with gotprint but nothing as you had shown gg. I have had to many problems with 4over. My main problem was with re-ordered cards coming back with the colors being way off. I had cards that were chocolate brown background come back the next time with a almost burgundy background. Order them again (because they wouldnt do anything about it) and they come back chocolate brown just like they are supposed to. Order them again a couple months later and the color is way off again. No help from 4over.

GypsyGraphics

there was a few months straight, a while back, where everything i got from 4over was crap. and like you said CSDD... reprints, so you knew exactly what you should have gotten. it was so frustrating because they tried to pretend like they weren't having problems. i ended up working with them on various output tests. they're pretty tight-lipped over there, so i never got to hear about the results... but all of a sudden everything started printing just fine... and not a single problem since then.

visual800

I think we all have used at least 5 or 6 printers til they piss us off. I used Ecolor for the longest time until one day I got red cards in that were pink. Foreign chick at Ecolor told me pink was a shade of red...dumba$$es! then I went to Printfirm in CA and stuck with them for a couple years until 3 months ago they sent me a 4/4 businss card and one color was diff on one side then the other and I used the same colors to design both sides...they blamed in on the art instead of reprinting.......ONWARD WE GO to the next victim.

These companies are spitting out TONS of work and they dont care if you get pleased or not. now im using got print all over again

Locals Find!

in all fairness... that particular job was intentionally a tough test.
the white text on black is thin and tiny, only about 1.5 inches wide.
4over prints at 500 line screen... got print clearly can't touch that.
when i try out a new printer, i send a tough job and check it with a loop... didn't need a loop to see how poor got prints quality was.

if you're interested, i'll repost the zoomed out pic i deleted (when i'm back in my office)

same here.... very profitable!

very limited in their signage... and trade only.
i have them print most of my coro signs and laminate them myself. again... very profitable.

Why waste money laminating them Gypsy?

I have been field testing one of there printed coro signs for 4 months no fading has occurred at all. I literally have stuck this sign on a stake in my yard where it gets direct Florida Sun over 12 hours a day. I keep the control piece (which was cut from the same original sign) in a storage cabinet locked in my garage so It gets no exposure at all. I have been comparing them once a week. So far no change.

Now, you can make them even more profitable for you.

W

wetgravy

What are the indestructible cards about? Is that the aqueous coating that can't be ripped? I checked out the site and didn't see anything about that in the options.

I do like how they offer different card sizes rather than just the standard.

Might give them a try next time.

indestructible cards are a polypropeline type of card. thin plastic of some sort with a standard solvent print on them. I get their 1x3.5 cards cause they come in 25 packs and they are the size of sticks of gum. but truly exceptional. when i first got them i had to tear them with my teeth just to do any real damage to them, they also survived the wallet test too. (basically looking for wear around the edges in the back pocket of your jeans)

GypsyGraphics

Why waste money laminating them Gypsy?
Waste money? I don't to it for free... I offer it as an option. I have several clients who's signs are put up and taken down quite a bit, as well as some to tape things to their signs... both take their toll in the ink, scratching or even removing it.

it's like the furniture stores offering to add scotch guard to your sofa, makes some people feel like they got extra protection AND it's an easy add on service. although i don't push like the sofa salesman :tongue:

Locals Find!

Waste money? I don't to it for free... I offer it as an option. I have several clients who's signs are put up and taken down quite a bit, as well as some to tape things to their signs... both take their toll in the ink, scratching or even removing it.

it's like the furniture stores offering to add scotch guard to your sofa, makes some people feel like they got extra protection AND it's an easy add on service. although i don't push like the sofa salesman :tongue:

Now you got me re-thinking about laminating them Gypsy. Thanks. Hadn't thought about the scratching issue. Mainly I guess because most of my coroplast signs are used in Real Estate frames. I just never cared, but now you got me re-thinking about it as an add on sale. Thanks Again.:thumb:

dj_elite

I got my cards through got print as stated. My reorders were exactly the same, I have ordered 3 designs I did for customers and all came in really high quality with awesome results. Out of the companies I have tried they were the best. I have not tried 4over and have kind of been skeptical. I have heard good and horrible things about them.

GypsyGraphics

I got my cards through got print as stated. My reorders were exactly the same, I have ordered 3 designs I did for customers and all came in really high quality with awesome results. Out of the companies I have tried they were the best. I have not tried 4over and have kind of been skeptical. I have heard good and horrible things about them.

don't get me wrong... i've seen some acceptable work from from Got Print and i don't doubt that you get the same results each time.

other than a few months of some kind of problem with 4 over i've gotten exceptional results for more than 10 years and i do quite a bit of printing.

here's a scan of the 2" side of the business cards, 4 Over (left) vs Got Print (right)
4O-vs-GP.jpg

Berferful

Instead of sending your card business to the Internet

Find a local printer and do business with them. I am a printer that has added some sign making capabilities and I have been reading posts about you folks trying to compete with Internet sign makers. Pay a little more and build relationships with your local business people. Maybe they will refer business to you when their customer needs signs.

TheSellOut

That is a good call Berferful. Although I did try to use some local printers but their prices are high even for wholesale and in my small town, general area really, no one has the ability to print on stock such as 14pt or 16pt. The heaviest weight I could find locally is 100lb.

I did stop sending my work to these gang run printers that ship everything in from China and started using 4 Color USA, an all american printer with great prices for anything in lots of 1000 or higher, excellent quality, and great turn around time!

I was hesitant about posting them in an open forum but they do require a EIN # for access the wholesale site.

Locals Find!

That is a good call Berferful. Although I did try to use some local printers but their prices are high even for wholesale and in my small town, general area really, no one has the ability to print on stock such as 14pt or 16pt. The heaviest weight I could find locally is 100lb.

I did stop sending my work to these gang run printers that ship everything in from China and started using 4 Color USA, an all american printer with great prices for anything in lots of 1000 or higher, excellent quality, and great turn around time!

I was hesitant about posting them in an open forum but they do require a EIN # for access the wholesale site.

They sell Retail. Any so called Trade Printer that sells retail should be avoided. You risk losing clients or being restricted to matching your prices to theirs if they come in lower than yours.

showcase 66

Find a local printer and do business with them. I am a printer that has added some sign making capabilities and I have been reading posts about you folks trying to compete with Internet sign makers. Pay a little more and build relationships with your local business people. Maybe they will refer business to you when their customer needs signs.

Nope. Not for me. I did that for about a year and paid about 15% more than if I had used a wholesaler. I would have them print my cards and they would send me banner work to do. Next thing you know they are doing banners and smaller signs and a lot of my customers started telling me the the printing place was calling them and letting them know they had their artwork and could save them money. Others called up and were asking why I sold out to them. I lost a lot of good clients because of that. Not happening again.

Not saying it will happen again but I am not going to chance it.:noway: