Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre Substrates

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by jwarner, Jun 12, 2020.

1. jwarner

jwarner New Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Chesapeake, Va
    Just out of curiosity, what is the weirdest thing you've printed on using a flatbed? We recently started printing on ceiling tiles and have had some success. This got me thinking, "what else can we print on?".

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I have a customer who prints on hockey pucks as promotional items for the local team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    years again while at a trade show, one of the flatbed vendors challenged people to bring "odd" items
    there was pile of stuff people brought and was printed onto; full-sized doors, T-Shirts, frisbees; toilet seat, mouse-pads, dinner plates, etc...

4. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    On Youtube somebody prints on water with a flatbed. Can't get any more odd, can it?

5. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    UK
    If I had a flatbed I'd try to print glass spashboards for kitchens

6. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I worked at a place that had the (IMHO)
    horrible habit of never turning down print jobs, people would bring in rough cut lumber nail together, old rusted tin, ect.
    All it would take is one mistake of not noticing a nail sticking up & you just trashed $20k of print heads in a second... The funny thing was, when those type of jobs came up, the lead printer at the time would be way too busy to run it, so it was dropped in my lap, even though any other time he wouldn't let anyone else run that printer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    So, did you nail it most times?

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 3