• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

black bleeds red outline

Stat

After changing black and cyan print heads my JV3 130SPII now prints a small but visible red outline around anything black and a small yellow outline around anything printed red. I use Lyson 1300 inks and have spent around 15 hours tweaking profiles with no improvement.

I am printing on 3165RA from Oracal. I use Sign Labs VPM to design and rip prints. I have also tried Rasterlink to rip prints. When I used Rasterlink, I downloaded profiles from Oracal.

I read somewhere that this is usually temperature related. I have changed temperatures in my profiles from as low as 20 degrees to as high as 45 degrees. I have also slowed down print, went unidirectional, high quality, and a pass dry time as long as 5 sec. When tweaking profiles, I only change one variable then do a test print.

Rooster

Redo your drop position alignment. Your heads are probably slightly out of alignment and printing "out of register" so they're not laying the ink down where you expect.

Letterbox Mike

Redo your drop position alignment. Your heads are probably slightly out of alignment and printing "out of register" so they're not laying the ink down where you expect.

+1, my guess is this is more than likely your problem.

Also, it could be your ink. We found with some aftermarket inks in our JV3 we were getting what we believe to be static induced halos around the graphics similar to what you are describing. We switched back to OEM and the problem went away instantly.

Stat

Is drop position alignment found in service mode. I have been through all the function menus and cannot locate? My manual doesn't mention that I can find. :thankyou:

MikePro

if the red halo is all the way around the black letter, it may be static...

typical of head replacement, however, is that you haven't completed the alignment process. all heads are aligned to the black head's position and even the slightest tweak in print head installation can result in Magenta/Cyan/Yellow ink being laid down on top of what the printer software thinks is square to black.

i'll try to find my procedure in the morning but its something like y-bi, y-re, y-si, x-basis, fine-y, etc. in service mode... do it all.

tbaker

Since you are running a jv3, you don't have drop position adjustment.

Check your bidirectional calibrations.

The halo effect are the result of incomplete calibrations.

Recalibrate your printer completely and it should go away.