• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Channel stopped printing

binki

My black channel stopped printing. What options do I have to get it going again? Can I run a cleaning cart in it? Anything else?

I have done 2 head soaks so far. One for 16 hours and one for 4 hours. Still no dice.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you have 0 nozzles then cleaning aint going to help anything.

Head is dead, fuse is popped, cable broke or something else in the ink delivery.

binki

It was printing just fine. I did a head clean and the test print started showing less and less.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What model are you working on? Have you checked the ink cartridge to make sure it's not empty and not flagging?

binki

Just an update. I removed the capping station, flushed the drain lines that lead to the pump and reconnected everything and it got much better. I will have to probably replace the capping station but that is where we stand right now. I will do another head soak tonight and see if that improves things.

binki

I replaced the wiper, felt and cap top with tubes and the problem is now resolved. While I was able to partially flush the drain lines, it wasn't enough. The new assembly fixed all of that.

binki

Right now C and M are printing fine, Y and K are having problems. Not sure what the next step is. Y was fine when K went out. Now Y and K are only partially getting a good test print

binki

Here is the test print after changing the wiper, felt and cap top. The printer was working fine about 10 days ago. All of this started after a head clean. I have the white ink option but have cleaning carts in for white for the last 3 or more years.

Any thoughts here?

20220904_083642.jpg