• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

black color bleed when next to other color

kaligula

I'm new to printing gig, and trying to learn from you guys s much s I can.

I have trouble with black color (bleeds bad when is next to other color).
When printed as a single color (black lettering on white background) I do not have problem above.
It's happening when print mode is higher then FINE 2.

I'm printing on roland sc 500 , using Flexi 8.1
I ran cleaning cycle few times , manually cleaned and inspect head for hair dust etc,
Tried different profiles with out results.
Tried different media (gloss matte , banner ) same thing.
Tried different temperature settings .....No Result.

Test pattern is good (all nozzlee fireing )

Any help or advice is more then welcome .
Thank you for taking time to read this.
D.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Where are you pre and post heater settings at? This can happen when the ink doesn't dry fast enough. The black area has 200 or 250% ink coverage and the lighter color has less. The weight of all that black pushes it into the other color.

Higher pre and post heat temps or slower printhead speed will give the ink time to dry and stop the bleed.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Next coulple of steps would be to slow the head speed down and/or back off the values you are using for black. C100 M100 Y100 K100 is more than you need and most RIP put a limit in the 250% range anyway. You can back your black spot off to C60 M 30 Y00 K100 and still get a good rich black.

Baz

If you are printing small stuff at 720 and 1440 then you are best to go into your printer's menu and enable "Full Width Scan". This will make the carriage go the full width between the pinch rollers no matter if it has any color to lay down. This will give time for the colors to dry up a little before being hit with more ink. I always have my heater set to 50.

kaligula

Thanks guys.
I have "full width scan " enabled, heater set to 50 but.....
Would you guys please explain it to me how t make those changes in Flexi?
Thanks again'
D.

Last edited:

sfr table hockey

What material are you trying to print on?

I was having some major issues with oracal 3641 getting the print to look good. I was getting too much ink layed down as well. I tried many profiles and the one that seems to work the best was for a banner material WTBM and I used the super profile. I am waiting for another vinyl to show up and see if it prints any better. The banner materials are working great and even with no heat. Even window perf prints great.