• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

black color offset 1 3/8 to the left

eldominico

Hi guys, I have done my part reading and giving some advice in this wonderfull forum, but I just can't find the door right now, I totally rebuild a Falcon Jr with the help of this forum, everything works 100% as it is supposed to, but the black color is printing exactly 1 inch and 3/8 to the left from the other colors, for example: I print a chick with a black bikini, well she appears to be naked and the black bikini is printed to the left of the print I have no idea how to move it back (to the right) and align it with the rest of the colors, any advice?

letterman7

When you did a nozzle check and test print, did the same thing happen? Did you remember to enter a head rank?

Compilla

Double check your Mechanical Adjustments, then; carry out the Electronic Adjustments. This adjustment is used to line all the heads together given the mechanical adjustment is correct.

PS.- As letterman7 said, double check the head ranks .

eldominico

Going crazy with K color

When you did a nozzle check and test print, did the same thing happen? Did you remember to enter a head rank?

Yes I entered the correct head rank for both heads and they are mechanically (by hand) aligned, no matter what I print, nozzle check, test print, black head tilt, color head tilt, the same thing happens; the black is offset to the left 1 3/8 of an inch, in head color tilt print you get little squares with colors, well the black color overlaps (prints) on top of the yellow color, I have read the service manual fom A to Z more than 10 times and don't seem to find a way to make the machine print the black color where it is supposed to, if I print in CMY mode (no black) everything comes out fine, if I print in black only, everything prints fine, I don't know if the K color is moved 1 3/8 of an inch to the left or the CMY colors are moved 1 3/8 of an inch to the right if any one has come accross a problem like this please help :frustrated:

eldominico

Falcon JR finally working!

Thanks randya, einsteningraphics, and all the great people of this forum, it was the CW adjustment, it is very hard to calibrate all the bars and lines and input all the changes, after a roll of paper, 12 hours of head braking, and the change to cmy=no as per randya instructions is finally working 100%
this Falcon JR prints like a new machine!
Just as a note I got this printer all beat up and not working on ebay; I have complety rebuild it with the help of the people of this forum, the electrical part was not that hard for me, but the adjustment and calibration is very time consuming and difficult, but now I can say that I have graduated as a Falcon Repair man LOL, I know this printer better than my wife.
Any one that has trouble or a non working Falcon give me a Howler, I'm here to help :rock-n-roll:

lout63

I'm gonna need you soon enough...im in the middle of the same project ..you should be getting an e-mail from me any time :) .....

Lou

eldominico

You got it brother!

I'm gonna need you soon enough...im in the middle of the same project ..you should be getting an e-mail from me any time :) .....

Lou
I'm here, what ever you need and for free,:thumb: no $250 dlls an hour fee like some companies I know