• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Colors on Flatbed Turning Out Greenish

Sebastion

Sebastion
I am working with an Scitex FB 500 and using Flexi as the software for the making the graphics and PosterShop Rip to manage the files and send them. Every time I print black on the flatbed printer it turns out green and I have tried everything under the sun to get it to be a nice, rich black color. Any suggestions?

Sebastion

Sebastion
what is your black make up in the file? from my experience, if its not a 4 color black itll have that greenish yellowie hue.

I have tried CMYK 50, 60, 60, 100 and CYMK 100, 100, 100, 100 and I've changed different settings and did Pantone blacks as well but it always turns out the same

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
It's been about a million years since I've use poster shop, but isn't there a color replacement tab? I would always select the "black" in the file and replace it with 20/20/20/100

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
did a bit of googling and found it!

Attachments

• color.jpg
    color.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 289

Andy D

Did you solve this? If not, have you done a nozzle check? It sounds like you black isn't firing.

• Agree
Reactions: 2B

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Did you used to get full black in the past or were you never able to get it with your current setup?

One thing that comes to mind is that some inks produce a greenish black regardless of the processing. It's the ink, in that case.

I second the nozzle check. Make sure everything is actually firing correct. You can get pretty good prints with a head that really needs attention.

Joe House

If your neutrals (gray, black) are turning green, it's from a lack of magenta. This could be caused by mechanical issues (clogged nozzles, ink flow issues) or a profile issue. I always start at the printhead when troubleshooting these things, because no matter the formula, or the profile, if the heads are not working correctly, you won't get proper output.

Good Luck,

shahidmqamar

I am working with an Scitex FB 500 and using Flexi as the software for the making the graphics and PosterShop Rip to manage the files and send them. Every time I print black on the flatbed printer it turns out green and I have tried everything under the sun to get it to be a nice, rich black color. Any suggestions?
Dear this is neither mechanical issue nor nozzle issue as you said this happens every time you try to print jet black.every time means nozzle cant be blocked always.This is just icc profile issue.
You are creating design in flexi and rip in softrip so different profiles are involved in final print.
Please use Cmyk mode in design.Rgb prints are duller and darker than original in flexi.
If you have output driver of your printer for photoprint or fkexi 12 then send it to me.i can create icc profile for you free of cost.you will always get exact or near to exact colours of prints.also use flexi to rip file.solved this same problem by installing my custom made icc in more than 20 printing factories.
shahidmqamar1@gmail.com

NZOC

Not sure if it's possible with the system or machine you are using, but, have you tried just 100% Black? C 0 M 0 Y 0 K 100. In theory this should work. Have had similar issues myself previously on various systems and machines, and this fixed it.

Image360Tucker

Check your cyan ink. The cyan causes the color to shift. Shake your cyan bag 30+ times and purge out the heads several times.

greysquirrel

The FB color in general can be a little flakey...highly recommend investing in an IOne and relinearizing your profiles. HP has had an issue with cyan...I would shake cyan and magenta.