• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

black foil and 4 layers

JRgraphics

I've got an interesting problem with the Edge (I have the Edge LE). When printing on clear vinyl with backing white, white(fill letters) and red with a black outline, the outline prints fuzzy around the outside edge (not solid as it should be). I think it maybe due to too many layers of ink and a issue with bonding with the white.

I use all gerber foils and use avery, oracal 751, hp clear vinyl. The edge heat settings are N for the backing white and H for the rest.

Is there a fix for this? Some setting I'm missing. :thankyou:

JR.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I seem to recall from a discussion a while ago the problem but don't recall where the discussion took place or what the specifics were.

Are you using Spot White or Floodcoat White for you basecoat?

JRgraphics

Picture of gerber ink transfer problem

Here is a picture showing the problem. I'm using gerber spot white the outine is .040 wide lettering height about 1'' high. It looks like the foil is not sticking around the edge of the letters. If I look at the foil (where it transfered) the black is still there (not transfered in these spots).
outline-bad.jpg

Marlene

Do you have the same problem with Gerber vinyl? You could try different heat settings as it looks like that could be the problem. Try setting for reflective as it takes more to get stuff to stick to it and see if that changes anything.

KR3signguy

Also try substituting another foil to rule out if your black foil is just faulty. Also run it on Edge II in the device setup, it should be a bit slower.