• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black friday and cyber deals? Where, I saw none

visual800

I woke up on black friday with the calmness of knowing I would be inside and hiding from all the idiots on the outside world. I popped online and I saw nothing but cheap *** low resolution tvs, and other worthless electronics for sale. For cyber monday I have been stalking the internet and have seen nothing worth getting excited about either. Even in lowes and hone depot they had deals on crap.

have any of you seen any deals on good stuff?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
they had deals on crap.

That's about what it's come down to anymore. Why get rid of the good stuff when people will pay full price later on? A couple of years ago, before the creative cloud took over, Adobe used to run some compelling specials on upgrades.

Our family came to the conclusion last night that we'd save more money if we were prudent spenders throughout the rest of the year, and avoid getting sucked into the door buster mentality.

JB

BALLPARK

We went to Best Buy and got a Vizio TV.

Vizio normally has great prices compared to Sammy, Sony, LG and Sharp.

50"
240 Hz
1080p
3D
Smart TV

$599.00...

Picture is great and the price is awesome compared to similar models from their competitors. We liked the picture so much that we got a 2nd unit for my woman's parents for X-Mas.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/m-serie...d_facet=VIZIO&soldby_facet=Best Buy&cp=1&lp=1

Best TV that I seen at Best Buy was a Sammy 55", 1080p, 240Hz, Smart TV for $1300.00. I think it was every bit as good as the 4K series TV next to it and the 4K TV was $3,600.00.

phototec

Attachments

• 71oRqWgcguL._SL1500_ (1).jpg
    71oRqWgcguL._SL1500_ (1).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Work Platform.jpg
    Work Platform.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 48

player

I bought 24 packs of guitar strings for $76 USD shipped to Canada yesterday from Prymaxe Vintage. Today they refunded my money to PayPal saying they are out of strings. Wahhhh.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I got a 2 tb portable hard drive for $90 instead of $160 ... so yeah ... there were a few ... just in the odd places. Funny enough, at noon on friday I was the first person to ask for one since everyone else was going for stupid stuff like headphones.

I miss black friday from 6 or 7 years ago when places like bestbuy had bins full of awesome stuff that was 2/3 off the price ... I went in there one year, got a sony camera, an mp3 player, 200 pack of dvd-r discs and a camera stand for $60 ... now you're lucky if you can find $10 off a $200 digital camera or wait overnight in line for one of 3 p.o.s. off brand tv's they offer at a halfway decent price.

1leonchen

I found a smoking deal on a new laptop for the lady at newegg.com on a "Pre-Black Friday" deal. Ordered Wednesday night. Pickuped Friday AM (during normal business hours mind you) Avoided all the lines and drama.

Lenovo IdeaPad U510 - Intel Core i5 6GB RAM 1TB HDD+24GB SSD 15.6" Ultrabook Windows 8

Now the only thing that sucks I i have to learn about Windows 8 so i can "support" her...

Looks like there are some left.

i have some thing simular. only a bit more powerful use classic shell work like a windows 7. http://www.classicshell.net/

visual800

I found a smoking deal on a new laptop for the lady at newegg.com on a "Pre-Black Friday" deal. Ordered Wednesday night. Pickuped Friday AM (during normal business hours mind you) Avoided all the lines and drama.

Lenovo IdeaPad U510 - Intel Core i5 6GB RAM 1TB HDD+24GB SSD 15.6" Ultrabook Windows 8

Now the only thing that sucks I i have to learn about Windows 8 so i can "support" her...

Looks like there are some left.

i can get this on ebay brand new for $459 free shipping

visual800

I got a 2 tb portable hard drive for $90 instead of $160 ... so yeah ... there were a few ... just in the odd places. Funny enough, at noon on friday I was the first person to ask for one since everyone else was going for stupid stuff like headphones.

I miss black friday from 6 or 7 years ago when places like bestbuy had bins full of awesome stuff that was 2/3 off the price ... I went in there one year, got a sony camera, an mp3 player, 200 pack of dvd-r discs and a camera stand for $60 ... now you're lucky if you can find $10 off a $200 digital camera or wait overnight in line for one of 3 p.o.s. off brand tv's they offer at a halfway decent price.

best buy is the highest place to buy anything. When they first came to our city everyone was freakin out and I have went in a could of times and walked out with nothing they are just too damn high

Pat Whatley

One of the BEST deals at Home Depot is the GORILLA LADDERS 20" ALUMINUM WORK PLATFORM for $17, I purchased two last year for $22 each.

Theses are selling for over $58 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/WP-20-B-Aluminum-Platform-225-Pound-Capacity/dp/B0000AX74K

This is a very nice work platform, work great for window graphic installs and perfect for van applications, folds for storage.

:smile:

Bought one of those two years ago on Black Friday so my kids could stand on it during Mardi Gras parades.....it has stayed in the truck with my Gorilla ladder ever since. I use that thing at least once a week either as something to stand on or as a table to sit all my stuff on during an install. Bought another one this year to keep around the house.

royster13

I got an "open box" [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Microsoft Surface 10.6" 32GB Windows RT Tablet with NVIDIA Tegra 3 Processor - Dark Titanium [/FONT]tablet for C$128.53..... at www.bestbuy.ca

Marlene

I got World War Z and Star Trek Into Darkness both blue ray for under $9 each. didn't intend to shop, just did my normal satrday trip to Sam's Club and ta da, there they were so I bought them. the bigger ticket items I ignored. also got some good deals on steak and poin loins as everyone was buying turkey and the other meats got marked down for quick sale. does that count?

Suz

Gorilla Ladder

Phototec,

You almost had me headed to Home Depot for the Gorilla Ladder! Wow, I could really use one of those. Got too busy though, and just didn't do it. Oh well, maybe next year. :smile:
That looks like a very useful thing. :thumb:

MikePro

first black friday experience, was a good one :)
...30% off my new $500 snowboard deck!(previous got eaten alive by a few large boulders in Snowbird, UT)
couldn't find a better deal online, but came across a 30% off a single item coupon for blackfriday@Laake&Joys Outdoors.
...totally worth fighting traffic, 2hr for a normally 45min. drive, to save $150!

I've got my $2500 shopping list for tech upgrades around the shop, and if cyber deals pop-up tomorrow, for "Cyber Monday"... i'm pulling the trigger.
Crucial.com is having a big sale on SSD's, and i'm hoping some large monitor deals pop-up. ...maybe parlay the savings into some other cool stuff that I have on the "can live with/without" list.