• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black (Gun Metal) Grommets?

reQ

was buying grommets from buygrommets.com but after canadian dollar pooped on us i buy them locally, since there are no savings anymore ordering from US lol

afarraway

What volume and frequency do you buy at? I will check tomorrow when I'm at the shop. I can't remember if this is the vendor that only does high volume.

phototec

What volume and frequency do you buy at? I will check tomorrow when I'm at the shop. I can't remember if this is the vendor that only does high volume.

Well, not much volume, I'm doing a few prototype mesh sun shades and wanted to use BLACK grommets, so right now just looking to order one gross (144), #4 with 1/2" hole.

Thanks for looking.

phototec

was buying grommets from buygrommets.com but after canadian dollar pooped on us i buy them locally, since there are no savings anymore ordering from US lol

I checked their website, they don't have and black (gun metal) grommets. Thanks anyway.

kanini

In a pinch, can you perhaps use transparent ones if the substrate itself is black/printed black? Just a thought...

afarraway

In a pinch, can you perhaps use transparent ones if the substrate itself is black/printed black? Just a thought...
Kanini, Have you used the plastic transparent grommets? How would you say they are durability wise, about the same? I think they are interesting but we just use brass or black at the shop - hard justifying carrying a third type of grommet just for aesthetics.
Maybe once we run out of black we will try the transparent grommets.

kanini

Kanini, Have you used the plastic transparent grommets? How would you say they are durability wise, about the same? I think they are interesting but we just use brass or black at the shop - hard justifying carrying a third type of grommet just for aesthetics.
Maybe once we run out of black we will try the transparent grommets.

We switched to the transparent plastic ones from brass/metal ones in the beginning of this year and have not had any problems yet. The manufacturer claims they hold up as well as the metal ones since their plastic is durable outside and don't get eaten by sunlight/UV. The application of the plastic ones I find more easy for the employees and it gives a better look. From my testing they hold up very well and sits tight to the material.
I would definately recommend you to try them or get in touch with a supplier to send you samples.
I however would definately check that the grommets are UV-resistant and holds up outdoors and not go for any unknown cheap-cheap ones. Our plastic ones are about the same price as the metal ones.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Grimco carries black grommets, but we've never used them.
We don't grommet many banners here in-house.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
From the lord and hodge website:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Most brass grommets & washers are also available with nickel or black oxide finishes.

Who is a good supplier for the plastic ones in bulk?
We use mostly #1 long.
[/FONT]

phototec

Wensco has a black/gunmetal color.. I love them they have #2 size

I just set up an account today, so I'm waiting for approval before I can see pricing. Can you see the price and quantity of the #4 (1/2" hole) black/gunmetal color grommets?

afarraway

I just set up an account today, so I'm waiting for approval before I can see pricing. Can you see the price and quantity of the #4 (1/2" hole) black/gunmetal color grommets?
So I just checked our order records, we have used both Wensco and Grimco for the gunmetal color grommets - both good suppliers.