• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Ink Spatter/Overspray - SP-300V

Panett Signs

Black ink isn't printing properly, but the other colors are fine.
Attached is a pic of the test print, as well as an actual print.
I've did a head soak, multiple cleanings and cleaned the encoder strip, but nothing changes it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Paul

Attachments

• Print.jpg
    Print.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Test Print.jpg
    Test Print.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 255

artbot

when you do the test prints, do the lines move around or does every test print look almost exactly the same nozzle for nozzle?

It looks like the black is extremely light. Do you have overspray on the edges of your prints....looks a little fuzzy....print quality is not what you expect....then I think you may have some head damage. I have had some expensive mistakes with damaging printheads and have had similar test prints as what you are showing. try printing on vinly, a large line of straight black 8" high and 24" long. check to see if there are color issues on sharpness, overspray, etc. If there is an issue then you may want to contact your service rep.....good luck.

Colin

As I've only had a Roland printer (SP540i) for about 10 months, my knowledge is limited, but every time I do a manual cleaning with the little foam brushes, I use a flashlight when cleaning around the "parked" heads and often find a tiny piece of ~1" long, fine lint. I remove it with tweezers, and any & all problems solved. If your vision isn't perect, use glasses, as they're usually really hard to see. Flashlight mandatory!

Drip Dry

Sorry to say, my test prints looked just like that twice in the past 6 years or so. Both times we had to replace the heads.
The smaller the black text, the more noticeable the problem.

all_things_art

I hate to be a downer but I had the same looking test print, if I printed solid black on high speed you could see white lines like banding and small black text would look fuzzy. I searched this site for any trick ,tip or ounce of hope. I replaced cap tops, dampers ,did head soaks.. nothing worked .....in the end I had to replace the head

It looks like your cyan/black head needs a good cleaning with a foam swab and cleaning solution. If that doesn't help, then try a medium cleaning from the control panel. If that doesn't work then try the powerful cleaning. You should also clean or replace the wipers and cap top assembly. If cleaning attempts fail then you may need a new print head. Bummer.

Steve