• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black ink spreading into other ink (Check out the NZL Check) Mutoh 1204

Sante230

This morning my Cyan was printing black, After some reading I did a few strong cleaning cycles then I printed some 48"x6" Cyan only prints. I ended up printing 8 of them in total and each one got lighter and lighter. By the eighth one it was looking good again.

Every time I park the head in between jobs the cyan would gather black again. Not as bad as this morning but It would print black along the color band for the first 3-8" then fade back to cyan. (not much cyan in the art)

I ran through about 15 yards of Banner media and the cyan seemed to be back to good. I switched over to a 3651 and it was printing really well for about 20" then it started getting black in the Magenta. I did a nozzle check and I now have black in all of my colors.

I am going to pull about the maintenance station and clean all the tubes out because I think this is part of the problem but does this also sound like a damper issue? The cyan tube closest the the black tube was super black this morning when I noticed the issue. I don't know how black ink could manage its way up one of the cyan tubes.

This is a Mutoh 1204 printer.
Original Mutoh only ink.
This machine is newer to me (had it for about 2 months)

IMG_2604[1].jpg IMG_2603[1].jpg

MakeMyGraphic

I am having a similar issue but with my BN-20 and someone mentioned that it likely is my captops so I would like this confirmed if so :\ seems my prints were "ok" until I ran head cleaning several times and it got progressively worse. About to post to ask for help too, hope you get an answer soon!

Biker Scout

The little filter screen thing in your capping station has swollen up and is touching the bottom of your print head, thus wicking away ink and the dampers are pulling the cross-mojinated ink into them.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We received the Roland VersaStudio BN-20 yesterday from an eBay purchase. We put the aftermarket cap top on and the cap top works great.

$65 + shipping from California.

TDFcustomSL

I am starting to think that my lines from the capping station to the waste ink tank are clogged. I am having the same issues with my cyan ink spreading to the magenta and black. I replaced the pads in the waste ink tank and have done numerous cleanings but it appears that there is no ink draining into the tank. You might check that.

Robert M

Ink not draining

You may want to change the cap top. If that does not solve the problem you will need to check the tubes in the maintenance station and see if there is a clog in the waste lines. This is best done with the station out of the printer.