• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Ink

kroger

Is there any way I can fix the black issue? I manually cleaned it and did a medium clean. I have replaced a few black printheads. (More than I would like). This printhead was replaced in the spring I think. So not that old. I can print black much better than what my test print shows. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 183
  • D6AA3447-0A69-452F-B876-3665034645C6.jpeg
    D6AA3447-0A69-452F-B876-3665034645C6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If your head is already deflecting after such a short time you might just need a new cap top. It might not be sealing well which causes the nozzles to dry out and fail to recover during cleanings. I'd probably throw a new cap in, do a head soak, and then run a strong cleaning. That should help if not fix the issue.

ikarasu

The reason you can print black better than your test print, is your test print is only using 100% Black. When you print black via your rip, it's adding other colors...the other colors will hide the banding better. Thats why you'll see in the guitar picture, the black is fine.

I second the cap-top... Apparently roland recommends replacing them every 6 months - seems a little quick to me, but I imagine most people here never change their cap tops, so its still likely due for one?