• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black lines in prints...HELP

Prism1

I keep getting these black lines on all of my prints. Used to only happen on Oracal, now it does it on Solvex, Avery, Oracal, etc. Have not had this problem in about a year, and it has popped up again. The only thing that fixed it last week was LOTS of heat, but today, nothing is helping. Have tried different profiles, does not matter. New print heads in the last month, machine is cleaned often.

Of Course I have a full night of printing ahead of me for last min. rush jobs.

Any Ideas??

Thanks,
Ken

Attachments

• blk lines.jpg
    blk lines.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 73

Prism1

Yes I did...looks like I might be having humidity and or static issues. The temp in here is 77 deg. and 34 humidity.

w2csa

The last time something like that happened to me with my sp300, it was a heat setting too.
Does the 540V have a enviromental setting or similar?
Good luck, sorry not much help here.

Chris

Graphicdetailsinc

make sure that the microdot setting is turned off if you are using flexi as your rip, i had this issue as well, and that fixed it for me.

peavey123

I had the same thing happen one day last week. I was told it was static "forcing the ink out of the heads"....it finally went away on its own..still not sure exactly what it was??