• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black looks very dark green under certain light

SEOR

I am using 100/100/100/100/SWOP2/Spot Color for my black on a wrap we are printing, but when installed, it kinda has a dark greenish hue. Is there a suggestion to get a deeper, richer black without a hue?

Flexi 8.XX
Eco Sol Inks
Versaworks
3M ControlTac V3

WrapperX

Have you tried changing the color break down to 0/0/0/100 - I do know that most rip softwares will always convert 100% black into a four color but maybe the 100/100/100/100 is to much color mixutre. Our four color black is a break down more like 60-70% on each color. Just a thought...

gabagoo

Have you tried changing the color break down to 0/0/0/100 - I do know that most rip softwares will always convert 100% black into a four color but maybe the 100/100/100/100 is to much color mixutre. Our four color black is a break down more like 60-70% on each color. Just a thought...

On my machine 100% black only results in the dark rusty brown colour.I generally use 60 60 60 90 rich it is and black

MachServTech

100/100/100/100/ is causing a reversal in your chroma and hue, that is why black looks green/yellow.

try c 95/ m 98/ y 92/ k 100

Your black should be a little more balanced.

Also print a greyscale ramp from 0 to 100 in 5% increments

see if you have color casts in your greyscale (that will point to a bad profile)

CoryP

I change my blacks sometimes to rgb and just print it at r-0, g-0, b-0 and I get the best blacks out that way. also depends on the profile you start with

MachServTech

Go with a Rich Black. Tons of formulas out there.
100%K usually results in dull mud.
C 35 M 60 Y 60 K 100

Depends on the printer and the inkset, but I agree, why dump more ink than you need to?
35/60/60/100 may work well too, but it should remain balanced all the way into the 90's. If there is a cross curve or reversal it could be a factor of bad profile.