• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black not dark enough

salazar

Hey yall I have a versacamm sp-300v, when ever I try and print black it comes out almost like dark gray, is there a way to make the color darker

J Hill Designs

not sure if the BK21A has other colors in it, but you should always be using a rich black (I use 30/30/30/100) - printing with just K will almost always be weak

DesireeM

In my digital file I usually set all my blacks to either c:60 m:50 y:50 k:100 (for cool black) or
c:50 m:60 y:50 k:100 (for warm black). Both are composite blacks and are darker than 100%k when printed. Mostly because they put down more ink.

There's also a VersaWorks spot color BK22-A that is basically a composite of cmyk like the values above.

Or use a different print setting - Versa works has a Color Management preset called MAX IMPACT that will make all the colors in your print much darker. (Or try Sign & Display...same effect but less intense)

salazar

I ain't gonna lie to yall but I just bought this printer about 2 weeks ago and I'm still learning how to print, I usually export my files as eps and use pms colors, I really don't know if I have the correct printer settings, I would appreciate any help from yall

ChicagoGraphics

Depending on what resolution your printing at, 360x720 8 pass C0% M0% Y0% Y0% K100% or 720x720 8 pass C60% M40% Y40 K100% I get nice deep blacks on my Mimaki with them mixtures

Shadowglen

you need to print out the color chart for your printer on the media you will be printing then download the versaworks color library and match the colors you want off of your color chart.

DesireeM

What software are you using to export the files? Your printer is a cmyk printer so you should have better control if you use cmyk colors in your files.

you need to print out the color chart for your printer on the media you will be printing then download the versaworks color library and match the colors you want off of your color chart.

This will be a big help too.

shoresigns

In my digital file I usually set all my blacks to either c:60 m:50 y:50 k:100 (for cool black) or
c:50 m:60 y:50 k:100 (for warm black). Both are composite blacks and are darker than 100%k when printed. Mostly because they put down more ink.

There's also a VersaWorks spot color BK22-A that is basically a composite of cmyk like the values above.

Or use a different print setting - Versa works has a Color Management preset called MAX IMPACT that will make all the colors in your print much darker. (Or try Sign & Display...same effect but less intense)

We use Sign & Display for almost everything. Blacks come out dark enough with just K:100 that we haven't had a single comment about it since we stopped using the US Pre-Press setting. The blacks also look fairly pure - no warm/cool tint.

salazar

We use Sign & Display for almost everything. Blacks come out dark enough with just K:100 that we haven't had a single comment about it since we stopped using the US Pre-Press setting. The blacks also look fairly pure - no warm/cool tint.[/QUOTE

I'm going to try these settings

Sign Works

My Rich Black is C=75%, M=68%, Y-65%, K=100%. Don't recall where I stumbled apon it but it prints very balck on my SP-300V.