• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black Not Printing Black - SC 540

hickeyink

I have had this problem several times. Only with the black, If I print solid black, it does not print a solid black, it prints a much lighter colour, almost like the nozzles are blocked but they are not, ive swapped the head recently with another colour and its still the same, putting a new head has fixed the problem in the past, but it always reverts back to the same problem. If I can get a picture, once I get my other problem sorted i will post it, but has anyone else had a similar type of problem?

niksagkram

I have had this problem several times. Only with the black, If I print solid black, it does not print a solid black, it prints a much lighter colour, almost like the nozzles are blocked but they are not, ive swapped the head recently with another colour and its still the same, putting a new head has fixed the problem in the past, but it always reverts back to the same problem. If I can get a picture, once I get my other problem sorted i will post it, but has anyone else had a similar type of problem?

I have an SC 540 also, but never experienced this particular problem. When you say it's printing a "much lighter colour" what exactly is it printing? Grey?, or a muted black? How are you exporting your file? It sort of sounds like a "damper" problem. The little plastic "reservoirs" behind the head itself.

Mark

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, without changing profiles, settings or media, your black will change color eventually ??

How do you know it's not happening in any other color ?? With black, you pretty much always know if it's black or not, but how often do you print straight magenta, cyan or the other colors to see if there truly is a shift ?? Probably never. How long after changing out the head do you see the color changing ??