• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black over yellow

meris

Hi,
can somebody help me with this (to me) strange problem.

On Mutoh Rockhopper I, on nozzle check, don't have yellow, but I can see under black that yellow is printed. Can see yellow lines ???? :help
Never saw anything like that even have the printer for almost five years ... How is this possible since black and yellow are on completely different heads?
I pulled with syringes and it comes out black ink ... like no problems, but when I printed, can see yellow under black (between lines!)

Anybody has clue how is this possible and how to fix it?:frustrated:

Thanks in advance

P.S. I need this fixed ASAP ... so please let me know your thoughts about this problem as soon as you have them ...

PURVEYOR

Hi,
can somebody help me with this (to me) strange problem.

On Mutoh Rockhopper I, on nozzle check, don't have yellow, but I can see under black that yellow is printed. Can see yellow lines ???? :help
Never saw anything like that even have the printer for almost five years ... How is this possible since black and yellow are on completely different heads?
I pulled with syringes and it comes out black ink ... like no problems, but when I printed, can see yellow under black (between lines!)

Anybody has clue how is this possible and how to fix it?:frustrated:

Thanks in advance

P.S. I need this fixed ASAP ... so please let me know your thoughts about this problem as soon as you have them ...

hi, obviously if you read my recent post, you'll see I had the exact same problem. the root of the problem for me was with the dampers... try this and let me know if it works.... pull all your dampers (one at a time) and use a syringe to make sure ink is flowing through each one. re-install dampers and try another nozzle check. do all colours, not just black and yellow.
when I did this, it worked for me. the yellow stopped printing under the black. and I got a proper nozzle check.

meris

Ok, I had to comeback on this problem! For some time (about two moths) I didn't use this printer (some personal reasons) and now I took it again to finally finish it and hopefully repair it! :supersmilie: I took all the heads out, cleaned up, fixed dampers and still have the same problem. Yellow under black! :frustrated:

@PURVEYOR, thanks for the answer but didn't help. I did all the dumpers as u said but no luck. Any other ideas?

Somebody mentioned some electronic adjustment may help? Couldn't find any post about that? Does anybody have direct link with explanation how to do that?

Thanks in advance ...

soypaul

Cmykyk, say no

There is an option on your falcon outdoor to make the printer use the extra 2 channels as yellow and black, if you say yes, that will happen, you have to undo that change.
Cmykyk, no...

bmatlock5

a lot of times dampers is the root of problems such as this. cleaning them out may be a short term solution, but if you want to fix it, replace them

soypaul

Dampers this time are not the problem

In this situation, the dampers are not the problem but the channel configuration that you put in your falcon, if you select cmykyk it will switch the ink channel order and print yellow over black thinking both channels are the same color.