• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black print head round 2

dj_elite

So I just posted the other day about how my black printhead was giving me problems and I got some good answers from you guys. I went ahead and bought a new one which came in the mail today and went ahead and installed it along with a new black damper. I entered the new ranking into my printer, filled the new damper, ran a fill, and a cleaning. Here is my test print result. WTF is going on??? (Falcon jr by the way)

Attachments

• signs1013.jpg
    signs1013.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 85

Ghost Prophet

It's a clear strip that runs the length of your printer. The carriage board hovers over the top of it, and the encoder strip tells your print heads where to fire. A dirty strip will cause them to fire in places you don't want them to.

You have to clean it with a lint free cloth and some kind of alcohol I can't remember the name of right now. Try doing a search on the forum.

DigitalBBQ

A ) Clearly, This is not encoder strip problem at all.
Encoder strip only task is to provide metric of the linear distance when head is moving back and forth. And it is independent from any of the color only the print head carriage and to the MB.

B ) If you did changed the new black print head with the new one, and still having this problem; it look like a black print resistor or capacitor on your circuit board is blown. So the black ink is the only one having this reluctant to print. This won't be easy to fix, first you need a T3 level tech to probe your circuit board, and most of the time, just replacement of circuit board would be easier.

Circuit board that driving black color may be an integration to the main motherboard. If that is the case, then you may not have to replace entire MB. You need a certified tech to at least tell you what really went wrong, and how they can fix it. If you connect the good head to a bad circuit, it can actually ruin your good new print head also!