• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black printing cyan

salazar

20140505_081502.jpg

When ever I do a test print cyan prints instead of black, I already did a clean and put a new black cartridge

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Change your cap top and make sure your pump isn't clogged. Run a cleaning cycle and it should be back to normal. If that doesn't work completely, change the dampers. Your issue is that ink is making it to the cap top but then being sucked back up into the head causing cross contamination. Very rarely the issue is caused by a broken membrane in the head or a broken manifold, but I would start with the cap tops and dampers.

TDFcustomSL

Mines on a mutoh1204, not trying to thread jack but it started out my magenta lines actually shifted to a dark dark dark blueish color...had to print a giant solid magenta square to get the lines cleaned out and now they are fine. Now one of the black nozzles has picked up blue and is printing a greenish brown color. When I clean the capping station I soak up what seems like solid cyan ink. hopefully all of our problems are related to the same issue.