Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black vinyl

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by d fleming, Nov 20, 2020.

1. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    I go through a fair amount of basic colors in oracal 651 for general stuff, nothing fancy. Last two times I have needed a roll of black, none in stock anywhere. So much for being the world's largest wrap provider. No problem with another vendor, in stock. Just kind of surprises me.

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    strange- I ordered a 24" x 10yd roll of 651 black from US cutter earlier this week - getting it today.
    checked the site for stock just now - 0 Memphis 0 Seattle.
    It took me 6 weeks to get a roll of clear 651 ( gerber printing) I have heard Oracal is having Covid delivery / production issues.

3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

I wouldn't expect a wrap provider to have vinyl for cutting in stock. Wrap means digital media or precolored wrap media.

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    24" x 50 yard rolls - plenty:

EDIT - NM I see you already ordered

upload_2020-11-20_12-14-59.png

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Everybody is basically running by the seat of their pants, :eek:these days. The covid19 stuff, has just given some.... an extra excuse.

Many years ago, all of our vendors would say, don't waste your money and stock up, use us as your inventory stock. We'll always have it to you the next day. Then, came fuel surcharges and slowly came inventory problems. Now, things are backordered indefinitely and tariffs are blamed, covid19 stuff is blamed, shortages of good help and just plain old bad stocking on their part. Bull-Sh!t on it all. They don't have the money to do what they say. I don't care what people wear, but if we hafta follow certain OSHA rules and harness things, then I think these people working from home should be wearing more then their underwear. About a week ago, I was placing an order..... and I nice size order and in the background I heard the kids yelling, a dog and even a bird or parrot. Not a very professional feeling.... and this was one of the big guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Just thought it was strange. Stranger yet the 50 bucks I saved for same two products from my normally secondary vendor. Hmmmmm