• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blade drops momentarily before cutting actual design

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
I have an fc9000-160 and cut with the latest flexi. Pretty much since I bought the cutter and started using flexi I’ve had the issue of the cutter blade moving very close to the initial cut position, dropping down and making a very small cut, then lifting up and moving to the actual start of the cut and proceeding normally. It’s pretty unnoticeable but there have been some jobs that it bothered me on. It happens with every file I try to cut, both old and new files i create. Does not happen if I use any program other than flexi.

Flexi program subscription is always up to date, fc9000 is current with all firmware updates. Not sure what is causing the problem but it’s got to be flexi related because it’s not happening with other programs.

Any ideas? See attached picture. The circle is part of the design but the small cut at the 2 o’clock position is the problem that occurs at the beginning of every cut when using flexi.

Attachments

• 687D498A-BE56-4167-87B7-B57BD5132D99.jpeg
    687D498A-BE56-4167-87B7-B57BD5132D99.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 284

cornholio

Sounds like blade initialisation, to me.
This is done, for the cutter to have the blade in a defined direction.
It's normally done, when you load media. Looks like flexi sends a init command with every job.
Not sure for flexi, but most cutting software lets you customize this.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It's just initializing and attempting to determine the media thickness.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
Sounds about right. I looked for the setting but cant find anything that sounds like its the culprit.

The problem is that the small cut it makes ends up on the finished product. The picture I posted is a hood decal for a jeep, the circle is weeded and the unwanted cut remains on the decal. I can probably change the cut order and cut start point for every job so that the cut lands outside of the wanted decal but that not really a solution.

Could the setting be within my cutter itself? Something having to do with the blade direction at the start of every job?

Ronny Axelsson

I agree with cornholio, Flexi or the cutter is "correcting" the blade direction before starting to cut.
Pretty sure you can change this behavior, either in Flexi's settings (don't use Flexi myself) or in the cutter's setup menu.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
That solved it for the most part. It now travels to the initial start point, then back to origin, drops the blade to correct blade direction, then travels to the start point and begins cutting. Takes a few seconds longer with each job but I'll call it a solution for the time being.

Thanks for the assistance.